Tuesday, September 4, 2018

More wonderful dreams

I love my dreams of the Peninsula.  Usually I’m on my sailboat. It’s calm waters though sometimes I’m struggling in winds and seas to round the point.  Mostly though it’s the inner passage. The boat is fairly mystical as at times it passes over land, or it goes aground and magically gets off.  I’m struggling to avoid hitting other boats in the anchorage but somehow everything works out.  

On land there are places with people.  Surreal apartment building with large rooms and high ceilings.  Sometimes there are meetings with lots of older women and I’m a boy.

This dream I was with Laura and we were in an apartment with a whole group of Avant garde artists.  They were all very nice and it was a lovely party atmosphere. I enjoyed sitting on the couch and chatting.  There was a gender fluidity and lots of periods of history represented casually in the clothing.  I had a rifle with me and was discussing my rifle with a younger man who said he kept one in his room but his wasn’t licensed.  I didn’t like that he was somewhat loose with the laws surrounding guns.  I was obviously much more law abiding than the people here.  Laura and I were oddly very respectable, a place where we were obviously parental in comparison to all the youth that roamed in and out of the room. There were older people like us.  In the swimming pool others were swimming but I had a fishing rod. It was a place where fish actually could be caught I was told. I had a green lure on my casting rod but Laura and I were in bathing suits in the pool.  There was a Venice quality to this basement area.  

I just remember feeling at home and despite my eccentricities being the more socially conservative in the group.  Washrooms are often a problem in my dreams, no toilet paper, holes in the soiled floor like I encountered overseas, that sort of thing. This toilet was fine.  Half dressed young women flowed through the rooms.  Two were obviously lesbian and liked each other but rather enjoyed the men ogling them as they walked by talking about their latest exhibit. It was easy like that.  60’s and Errington feel.  Rather heavenly and as I imagine heaven to be.  Welcoming, interesting but without the endless bureaucratic judgement and dictatorship mind set.  

I do like the churches. There’s one on the hill.  I don’t remember what’s in them except reverence.  There’s reverence and acceptance.  Sometimes my dogs are with me. Sometimes family. This time was just comfortable.  

I woke up from my dream to Creed being sung. I have the song as my alarm. It’s a lovely way to wake. Gilbert was harrumphing at the end of the bed so I took him outside catching the lovely gold colour of dawn. The sun was just rising. There was frost on the grass. I kind of moved from dream heaven to heaven on earth.  Gilbert loved walking his blind high stepping about the field sniffing and peeing then finally pooping. Then he followed me to the outhouse.  The cows were mooing.  It was a wonderful start to a day.  I love dreams like that and I believe that when I leave this world I’ll pass to another.  I expect these numinous dreams of the peninsula place and the apartments like the sprawling complexes of Europe are my future.  Maybe even in this lifetime. But sometime.  I’m growing personally. Becoming more the person I would be.  Less afraid.

No comments: