Friday, July 21, 2023

Trev Deeley and HD Nightster Special

I’m here at Trev Deeley enjoying the air conditioning and ambience. Always nice to see the staff.  

Last weekend when I stopped my new HD Nightster Special at home after idling in the heat and traffic all day, the radiator seemed to overflow with a cup of fluid suddenly boiling out under the bike.  I’ve never had a HD with a radiator.  It’s not a big deal on a truck but I phoned the incredible Trev Deeley service department.  
« Let’s be safe.  Bring it down on Friday.’
Now I’m waiting here hoping its nothing.  I loved riding the half hour here.  It’s such a joy to be on a Harley.  I traded in my big Electroglide for this smaller Nightster and am so thankful.  I’d hardly ridden the Electroglide last year finding to more like driving a truck in the city. It’s the ultimate highway machine.  I had a Vespa and was driving that any chance I had in the city.  Great little run about.  I saw a fellow with a 300 yesterday . He was going a cross Canada camping.  Not a freeway machine though it can do the work.  My Nightster though goes everywhere and is light in the city.  The Electroglide was 1200 lbs and the Nightster is 500.
I wanted to take the motorcycle on a hitch rack on my F350 . My hitch rack was rated to 500 lbs so I ‘ve ordered one from Amazon rated to 600 lbs with wider track to accommodate the bigger wheels.  The last one carried a KTM, a Honda enduro and last the Vespa.  Now I’ve given it to Dave for his bike.  Glad to pass it on.
Laura is with Madigan back home so I stopped by the HD jewelry. I bought her earrings a few months back and today was able to get her a bracelet and onyx ring. She likes HD fashion and when I’m here waiting for service I’m glad to have the time to get her something.  
I bought my first Buell Blast 600 here nearly 20 years ago.  I bought the Electroglide here too.  What I like about Trev is the honesty and service. The sales folk have been consistently knowledgeable and truthful.  I’ve had good deals on trade ins. But service parts and knowledge is what’s most impressed me.  
The fashion is just fine too. I’ve bought the best HD leather jackets and touring gear, gloves, helmets and boots.  
Living the life!. Loving my Nightster Special and hoping they’re clear the motorcycle for me to drive it home.  I bought a skookum dog carrier box here and Madigan loves to go with me for rides. He jumps up on the seat and is climbing into his box while I’m fastening it down.  I may miss the Electroglide on a long highway cruise but I’m just loving this Nighter for versatility and use.  It suits Madigan and I right now.
Older I’d rather ride long distance in my F350 with the Advernturer Camper on the back and use my motorcycle for day tours wherever we choose to camp. That’s the plan.  It’s the dream. Living the dream.  I’ve been blessed with boats and vehicles and thankful to be able to still ride.  Thank you Jesus!!!





No comments: