Thursday, July 20, 2023

Morning Gratitude

I am so thankful to be alive today. It’s a blessing.  I am here in Burnaby that township between the thriving city of Vancouver and the old port of New Westminister. It’s summer and the weather has been truly magnificent.  31 degrees yesterday .  Today a slight breeze and prospect of another delightful day in heaven.  No mosquitoes by the coast.  
I’m working so am able to pay the bills , the rent, the high cost of food, maintenance on buildings and vehicles. I enjoy paying taxes and knowing that if I wanted to buy something for a hundred dollars I wouldn’t have to worry this week. I’m saving and money is going to pay the mortgage.  It’s all round a good feeling with hope that it will continue.
My frustration has been communication.  My Starlink Satellite dish has been intermittent with dropped calls.  I’ve replaced the router and talked with Starlink assistance who have been most helpful.  They’ve even sent me a new cable considering that may be the problem. Rather than work on it more myself I’ve asked Kelvin from Travco who does all many of maintenance work to do a skookum job on the arrangement.  I’ve run the cable through a window and the excess is lying outside on the ground. I’d like a hole through the wall so the cable actually runs inside where I can run it across the ceiling to the router.
This is what I think about . Thank and new motorcycle hitch rack I plan for the front of the F350.  I gave the old one to Dave since the tire width was insufficient for the Harley.  7 inch tires.  The old one I used for the other motorcycles had a maximum rating of 5 inches.. That’s was also rated for a 500 lb motorcycle. The new rack is rated for 600 and the Harley Nightster special is 500.
Madigan had his hair cut yesterday by Dr. Biernacki and staff.  A godsend after his bad experience with the groomers. Poor baby.  Yesterday I took him to North Road Veterinarian and left him for the day.  He went in a big dog with a hug coat for fur and came out a little squirming with short hair cut.  I immediately took him to MacDonald’s for a burger.
We’ve a week of camping and virtual work planned in a week.  He’ll have a dog’s time. Not that he doesn’t have a dog’s life.  
I shared barbecued chicken with him last night. His friends Bella and Luka are back so he visitted with them too.  Bella and Luka are being groomed this week.
Laura’s been off with Covid.  There seems to be quite a few with this summer flu.  Nothing dangerous but unpleasant. I’m mostly over my sniffles but intermittently have dry cough still.  
I pray. I meeting with the God of my understanding , a loving creator, and am hopeful for the best. Last night I was with George at a meeting and Neil shared with me the acronym G.O.D.  Gréât Out Doors.  He’s been camping and loving it.  I’m uplifted by the sunshine and fine weather.  I’m outfitting too towards the Snowbird winter months in Arizona. It’s a goal and purpose.  An expedition that so many do. I love thinking how my father and mother took this touring in retirmement in stride. I just want more sunshine 
I’m seeing the chiropractor on the weekend and loving how my back and joint pains seem to be improving in the sun and with my increased activity.  
Thank you Jesus.  







No comments: