Friday, April 9, 2021

Tonight - Friday

I didn’t have anything to do today except pick up the Save On groceries I’d ordered on line. I slept in to 830, took Gilbert out for a pee, prayed meditated , did home exercise, then drank coffee, ate yoghurt and a protein bar while Madigan demolished the yoghurt containers.  It was raining most of the day.
The walk to the Mini was a big outing for Madigan.  We got in the car and I drove to Save On. What excitement for a little dog. He likes to curl up with his chin on my thigh. The only trouble with this is his fore paws frequently press the console switch. This triggers radio or phone calls. I think he phoned a friend today.  
The girl at Save on food was just so young and pleasant and helpful. She loaded my trunk and then the back seat.  Just a really nice person and simple interaction.  I thanked her. We drove back. Madigan very happy. Masks on the streets.  Masks outside. I only wore my mask when the girl was loading my car in the save on basement.  
Outside my home I unloaded the car.  I drove Madigan back to the parking lot.  Another walk to home.  I had ordered 3 dozen instead of one dozen eggs. I made a scrambled egg  sandwich and Madigan enjoyed some of that and licking and chewing out the frying pan, pushing it all over the kitchen floor. 
 I had roasts and pork chops, steaks, and salads, sandwich meats. And lots of drinks, Perrier and coke.  I find carrying all the drinks I drink tedious.  I have the filtered water and I have the various sweeteners and juices,but I really like the ginger ale.  It’s heavy to haul. Save on pick up is good for that. And canned goods, tuna, sardines, chilli.  I’m stocked for weeks. When Laura comes over I oven roast.  I’m always eating at home.  We did go for Macdonald’s yesterday and Laura and I had Me and Ed’s Pizza when we returned from camping.  I have a stew I froze in Tupperware.I’ve a grouse left over from fall hunt. Too often I just like sandwiches. I do like to barbecue. I had a run of oven fish and deep fried fries. I sympathize with mother’s and fathers  meal planning and feeding kids, 
I phoned people, did some work . A couple of hours. 
Then we walked about the park again, stopped and talked to Dave. We talked toilets. He told me living with five women made him knowledgeable about everything that can need fixing in a washroom. Having lived on a boat I grew weary of tearing toilets apart and clearing jams. I worry about jams and Dave was right they only occur with too little water and too much paper if there aren’t kids dropping toys in them. 
Last month my washer overflowed because the valve for that outlet was closed. I thought the back up was in the toilet as the water was up in the toilet bowl too.  I’d bought a couple of plumping tools and run the snake  through the toilet system only to find out from Kevin at Adventure RV Repairs , who I’d talked to on the phone, about this valve that needed to be open when the washer was hooked up. I opened it and all’s well. But it’s like plumbing ptsd.I worry what can I do to prevent a problem arising. I sometimes dream of shit but it’s foreign washrooms with the hole in the floor and shit all over the floor. How to drop your drawers without stepping in shit. So Dave tells me all his skookum toilet tricks . I realize I’ve got to flush more water through the system and use more toilet and pipe cleaner. I used to put bacon grease down the boat toilets to keep the valves oiled. That was salt water. I’ll use more water and find out if there is some similar oil to condition the valves.
 I did a load of laundry. It’s spin drying here right now. I like my in suite washer dryer combo. I’m now thinking of a micro wood stove. There’s no room.  But maybe when I get the smaller desk.  I miss the smell of wood burning. I burn incense but just loved my stove in the country. I’ve the electric furnace with dancing flames working again. Kevin put a new one in.   But a little wood burning stove a foot by a foot in my garage office would perk my day up.  Something to think about.  
I made the trip to the Post office with Madigan in his box over my shoulder. I had a little St. Francis statue to go with the St. Thomas, Angel Michael and little Ganesh. I still have my Celtic cross. I like religious art. One of the reasons I long to travel is to visit shrines, cathedrals, holy places.  I long to teturn to Ireland.  I’d like to go to Venice.  
We walked around the park again. With the stories of big dog attacks and cougar attacks I’ve just wanted to avoid the woods for today. Next week I’ll be back but for some reason I’m feeling cautious.  Madigan is prescious.  Coyotes are out now.  I’m always carrying flashlights and a knife. I’m happy to face cougars and coyotes with knives but unarmed not so.  I didn’t like the violent threatening young men either. I don’t feel the police or courts can be trusted to protect me. They’re afraid of the mob.   I’ve known too many victims.  Maybe I should work in the jails again to be reassured that criminals are being caught and stopped. But there’s so much crime in high places now and the unethical government is soul destroying.  
Conservatives and Christians are being persecuted.  The left loves censorship and hates freedom.  These are strange times.
I’m due for a second vaccine.  It’s the ritual. Psychosomatic uplifting belief.  I was glad to get Madigan’s vaccine. I told his vet, Dr Biernecki I thought the vaccine Madigan got was microchipped by Bill Gates. I actually am booked to have Madigan’s chip put in. When Shinto ran after a cute girl dog and showed up in the pound they were able to call me based on the chip.
 I remember my brother saying he couldn’t live through another Trudeau rule and he died.  Soon everyone in Canada may welcome death as they did in Cuba and Venezuela.  Communists kill half the populations. Depression and suicide and drug and alcohol addictions skyrocket in Communist countries. All the intelligent who are a potential threat are massacred, incarcerated or sent to gulags. It’s not a good time to be intelligent when low brow mobs like Antifida run amok. Marxist BLM doesn’t seem to have the funding it did. George Soros gloats. 
Prince Phillip died today. So sad for the Queen. She loved him dearly. 
I talked with Laura today.  I tempt her with puppies and steak.
I wrote a blog of gratitude.  The night is coming .  Evcning shadows.  I’ll read this detective novel and watch tv.  Friday a day of errands.  And laundry.  Saturday is supposed to be sunny , Laura says.  Shorts and sandals.  

Thank you Jesus for this day.  All shall be well, all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.  



No comments: