Thursday, April 15, 2021

Thursday Morning -Spring

I love this weather. I love the sunshine. I breathing natural flower fragrance. It’s like the earth is burning incense outside. I love the bright yellow daffodils. I just looked at a tree budding bits of green and red and was happy. It’s so soul uplifting. 
My little dog Madigan loves walks. We tour the park and do the river walk. Lots of others out with their dogs. We love seeing Emory and Bella, Hank and Trucker.  Madigan is delights in getting the leashes all tangled up as he circles around his friends. Little Bella shows her belly.  She loves Madigan. Once he was the same size and her but now he’s double her size.  Yesterday the prettiest little brown toy poodle played chase with him.  She was about the same age.  It’s all doggy and spring and happy. 
I even stand and talk with the neighbors for long period. With Covid conversations were brief, masks worn but now that the sun has returned we’re becoming positively chatty. I’ve a vaccine as others have but it’s the sun and spring and that sense of possibilities. 
I’m going into the clinics a couple of times a week.  There’s some of the herd experience there. The team and group and family and friends enjoyment even the loner feels when they come back from the wild.  
I don’t know. I’m at a loss as to what is going on in the world. It’s all fear and lies and corruption and hope.  I felt I understood but with the overt attack on churches and the Trudeau continuation of buying votes and overrunning Canada with illegal aliens for his own profit, I just can’t understand the judges in this land. It’s all so appalling and absurd. Rex Murphy is today’s Kafka and Camus giving us comments worthy of this theatre of the absurd.  Tucker sounds reasonable and yet is challenge by character assasination. Mob violence and mass hysteria rule. I like being home. I feel safe here. When I’m in public there’s always someone doing something bizarre now. I don’t remember these aberrant people so much in the past. Yesterday it was a guy turning into my lane as if he didn’t know there was a car right beside him. If I hadn’t honked he’d have run his front fender into my car door that’s how off his trajectory was. A zombie.  The 30’s mentality again in punctuate moments.  
I do my best. Fear passes through with waves. I beat it back with affirmations.  
It’s been a year of mass hysteria. 
The Russias are building along the Ukraine Border. The Communist Chinese are surrounding Taiwan.  Biden is no Patton.  Iran is threatening. They talk of waves upon waves of viruses.  Death rates overall remain the same. There’s weak correlations. In science. Heavy handed politics.  Attacks on Christians and Conservatives.  Lots of alcohol and drugs being consumed. 
I’m working virtual in my office. More and more I’m a conduit for medication.  Psychotherapy is limited by the technology. So many don’t have computers. The Satellite and internet intermittently manage.  The old people flicker. They struggle with tech. I am booked for virtual for the day and half the patients can’t manage the computer. I’m weary with the extra stress of telephone. Little information .  In the background I fear the Monday morning quarter backs who have always been perfect , make rules and criticize but don’t seem to help with the pressure.  
Everything costs more. I see a life time of work and struggle being minimized by others who slash and burn and call what they do scalpel precision. I feel the expectations are gargantuan for me but I’m waiting months for everything but Amazon impulse buys of underwear or shirts. I am looking forward to the cables that will replace the ones that Madigan chews.
I’m thankful. Each day I pray and give thanks.  My back hurts .  I’m thankful when it doesn’t. It’s all psychosomatic. I’m waiting for a new mattress for months. I’m waiting for a new desk to match the height of the chair so I can sit more upright and perhaps a new chair. The couch is battered by dogs and cats. I miss the whirlpool. It was such a weekly part of my relaxation.  I feel tension. 
I’m happy with the Netflix and Kindle books. I was blessed to be camping. My Harley comes out of hibernation in a couple of weeks. I’ve another camping trip planned in May. There’s highlights that give purpose, destinations in the boredom of routine of Covid.  
Today the excitement is the cleaner.  I long to have the floors and carpets cleaned.  Madison has taken over the floor and I’m longing to know the corners are still in this dimension. Under the pile in the corner there is a colony of dust bunnies.  
Life is good.  God is good. God is good all of the time.  The sunshine is bliss.  I love the warmth.  Every year I’m in heaven this time of the year and see that my eastern friends have another month or two before they feel the joy of spring. I’ve been blessed with years of early spring here, decades of grace that I would not have had if I’d not made the move. I must remember the phrase be thankful for small mercies. I no longer like driving in snow. I like running up to the mall for the mail on my Vespa.  I like not putting on a parka. I love sandals. I’m wearing shorts and t shirts outside.
Thank you God for all your blessings. Watch over my family and friends and keep them safe. Help them in all their endeavors. May I be of service in my work today. Protect me from the evil one and the lies and those who would hurt me.  
Thank you Lord.  





No comments: