Friday, April 9, 2021

Friday Couch

I am thankful for spring. I am thankful for Friday. I am thankful for Madigan. He is such a joy. Even now he lies on my lap. I love his little body next to me. I love his enthusiasm. I love his pleasure in little things. I just ordered a charging cable to replace the one he chewed. I am thankful that his puppy destruction is decreasing. I love watching the occasional series of synapses fire in his brain. I love that he is almost fully housetrained.
I am thankful for my short week of work. I am thankful for those I work with. I am thankful for still being able to work, to be of service, to contribute. 
Thank you for my home. Thank you for heat and running water, these windows that let me look out on the day, this well worn couch that has been attacked by two dogs and a cat. It still serves me. Thank you for hot showers, refrigerators and stoves.
Thank you for barbecues.Thank you for propane delivery.
Thank you for family. It gives me comfort to be connected. Thank you for the new babies joining us very soon. Thank you for friends and their children.
Thank you for repairmen, truckers, farmers, ranchers, builders, bankers, lawyers, engineers, architects, technicians and all the people involved with me in health care. Thank you for Dr Biernacki who gave Madigan another vaccine. 
Thank you for the return of spring birds. I love the chickadees. Thank you for the daffodils, tulips, and snowdrops and crocus.
Thank you cameras, iphones, iPads, laptop computers and internet.
Thank you for churches. Thank you for worship and congregations, meetings and fellowship. Thank you for music and dance and symphony and bands. Thank you for song and prayer and meditation.
Thank you for all the wonders of living. Thank you for businesss and communication and distribution. Thank you for the space station and the Mars Curiosity. Thank you for the Venus probe, thank you for sailboats, boats and motorcycle, ATVs, trucks and planes.
Thank you for all I’ve left unsaid. You, all god,transcendental, imminent, loving, thank you for this adventure and journey of life. Thank you for the sacred and daily miracles, moment by moment. I love you unseen, but felt ,glue of creation, fabric of existence, meaning and reality, all and nothing, close and beyond, mystery and paradox. Help me to know you more surely, feel you more deeply. Guide me. Be with me. Holy Spirit come. Walk with you. Be always near in my awareness. Please, now and forever. Thank you. Grace.Joy.




No comments: