Friday, January 22, 2021

Friday -Puttering

Friday is my catch up day. I rarely schedule work but do a fair amount.  Calls carrying over and patients and clinics contacting me. It’ s also a day for me to keep appointments, a day when others are working if I’m not.
I’ve been able to contact my medical associations and paid dues. I wasn’t feeling productive having slept in till 7 am before getting out of bed to meditate, pray and exercise. That now includes a long pet and doggie massage for Madigan who considers that a tariff for my using his space to sit cross legged and do stretches.  I actually responded to a couple of patient calls and made contact with a doctor I’d been playing phone tag with.
I roasted some Ethiopian coffee beans. I found the machine when I cleaned the counter top so used it.  I put a load of washing in but think it may have been too big as it overflowed giving Madigan a cause to play in water.  I hung the laundry outside in the sun. The sun has been glorious.  Madigan and I had two walks, one along the river. 
I’ve had birds outside my window.  A Stellar’s Jay, two Northern Flickers and a group of chickadees. I’ve yet to get pictures of them as I’ve been at the computer talking with patients when they’ve appeared.  I do love bird watching. I saw the Kingfisher flitting over the river and saw that as a good omen.  I love the return of the birds and all the signs of spring. I’ve been saying anyone who has been holding virgins hostage in case the sun didn’t return  can now let them go. We won’t need the sacrifices as the sun is actually here.
I’ve read some great westerns by Thom Nicholson.
I am also so enjoying the delightful Kate Lister Curious History of Sex. She shows that the word ‘cunt’ was the actual original word dating back to 11th century but that it went out of favour in the 19th century.  She has some hilarious comments on language and on the medical researchers. The whole issue of clitoris was a mystery in medicine through the 18th and 19th century meanwhile the bawdy literature of the day was much more accurate. She made a hilarious comment on Freud, saying he called the study of  female sexuality ‘the dark continent’ which she though appropriate because he was obviously ‘lost and terrified of the natives.’.  She writes like the delightful comedy Fleabag.
I’ve taken a ‘fast’ from Facebook after wearying of the bullying and name calling.  Now I see that they’re threatening to round up anyone who was pro trump. There was even a suggestion that ‘libertarians’ are ‘domestic terrorists’.  I don’t feel safe obviously.  74 millions Americans have been described as needing reeducation and a threat to the planet. The Republican Party has been called ‘sick’ and the New Democrat President Biden promises to ‘heal’ the nation.  He’s very vocal about inclusivity but excludes all conservations and mostly all the west. 
White priviledge has been described as anything ‘white’ and indeed white is the scapegoat. I don’t know what a black person would have to do to be called ‘racist’ but a white person merely has to exist.  Identity politics with the emotional reasoning is now in the forfeit.
I’ve not got over learning that Canada was training the Communist Chinese Army with our military on Canadian soil for 2 years while the 2 Michaels are in prison. We are also apparently giving 4 billions dolllars ‘aid’ to China still.  Given all these revelations are not covered by CBC and seem astounding given the invasion of Hong Kong and the threat to invade Taiwan it’s beyond my knowledge or pay scale.
The vaccines are rolling out though we have been placed low on the priority list because of national mismanagement.  I saw my American doctor friends getting their Pzeiser and Moderna vaccines and look forward to getting mine if only as a aethest blood of Marx experience. I really don’t know how effective it will be given the disinformation and misinformation campaigns.  I believe it will be beneficial for me.
Laura just tested me saying international flights are cancelled for a year. The government says that vaccinations will be done by next fall. Allan and Meagan are planning a wedding then and Laura and I were planning on attending with Madigan.  
Madigan is a source of great joy anddistraction. He’s pooping and peeing on the pads’ 95% of the time with rare exception and he’s chewing on everything still but not biting human.  We go for walks and he’s always enthusiastic about anything I do. I’m not that enthusiastic about changing the propane tanks or sweeping floors but he thinks these things are marvellous games.  I installed the two solar lights.  Shaking out the rugs and vacuuming was a good thing. I even washed my table.  Several loads to the garbage of recycling stuff with Madigan supervising.  
I was as dissappointed when Trump stepped down as I was when Harper stepped down. They were good men. Now we have stoner Trudeau who really doesn’t seem to be anything more than a mascot for back room dealers and possibly the communists while in the US Biden and his son have been caught red handed in worse unethical behaviour than Trudeau. Meanwhile Kamala’s actual sexual aggressive past is in line with Clinton. Marriage seems to be under attack along with the family and Christianity and traditional values.  I’m gender fluid but I don’t like the godlessness and lawlessness of the fringe arrogance. Too much of it reminds me of the Nazi Browshirts but they call themselves Antifida or BLM today, totalitarian euphemisms for us against you.  I feel too old and vulnerable and wonder when I’ll have to leave.  Apparently 40,000 Vancouverites and Torontonians have left the city and so many are preparing for social disruption, loss of food supplies etc. The Communist Chinese seems as precarious and Xi Jinping appears to need a war because the people in China are ready to throw off the costly chains of this bureaurcratic nightmare.  Every citizen has police watching them. India seems to be doing well and we hardly hear from South America. Just hard to keep track of now as things change every day.  It did look like war in the China Sea and Iran has been threatening everyone.
I’m thinking of a shower. I’ll barbecue pork chops and have potatoes butter and sour cream.  More Netflix movies.  During the week I’m often watching old re runs of Star Trek or Friends.  Work is hard. The sun really helps. I’m in the garage with computer screens and lots of lights on but it feels very much like a tunnel. So many people are still just using the phone because the zoom technology is beyond them or they don’t have the computer and internet.  Talking on the phone is tedious when everyone is emotional distressed.  
I think of my boat and sailing. I think of driving down to the US wth my camper and motorcycle and seeing the Mississippi. I miss the symphony especially and long to travel.  Spring and summer will be great for camping. Laura and Madigan and the camper in the backwoods is a joy.  I’ll likely return to what boat to go with the camper. I might just get another little inflatable. I think I need something for fishing and retrieving ducks if I shoot them. The last boat idea was skookum but overkill. Though I have boats none is ideal for the camper set up despite trials.  I’d like to trade my sailing ship in for a Macgregor which I could tow behind my camper.  This is all fantasy. Day to day I just work and survive.  It’s a waiting time.
This too shall pass. All shall be well , all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well.
Thank you Jesus.















No comments: