Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Tuesday, March 31, Covid 19, Virtual Office, Self Quarantine

Yesterday I woke at 5 am. Today its 4 am. We used to think early morning wakening and disturbed sleep were signs of depression. The world is depressed. Covid 19 lock down and deaths.  Wuhan Virus and politics.  The Wave has hit Vancouver.  We have another week or two to go. Italy has peaked. Spain dominos along side.  The US and UK are following. We are doing well in British Columbia.  A SARS virus inhaled, targeting the alveoli ACE 2 rercerptors. Males 4 x more affected than females. Old more than young.  Heart disease, respiratory disease and medically vulnerable, the immune compromised.  It’s 3 weeks in passing. 8 strains now but new vaccines and treatments in preparation. We’re buying time for medical hospitals and research.  Factories are upping production on n95 masks.  Breweries making hand sanitizers.  We have great leadership in NDP Mr. Horgan and Health Minister Aidin Dix. Dr. Bonnie Henry continues to be a shining light.  I’m out of clinics.I’m at home seeing patietns on virtual office software or speaking on the cellphone. Life goes on.  I have the needed answers sometimes. I know the medication. I reassure.  I remind people to stay inside.I know some are going squirrelly.  Cabin Fever and insaniety go hand in hand. I’m less afraid of the virus alone. Door handles and surfaces scare ,me. I washed the soles of my shoes  The economic crisis is next on the gauntlet.  I have no answers.  I reassuje.
Added to all the other stupid and dangerous behaviours Comrade Trudeau , our Transnational Chinese PM now raises the taxes. He stole the money for respirators and hospitals then gave 16 tons of medical equipment away in Februaryagainst medical advise.  The Chinese distribute masks that leak and thermometers that false negative. A Chinese billionaires closes an Australian private hospital removing a thousand beds. The Communists are at war. Will this evil dictatorship collapse or with the UN will we finally get Sharia Communis rule the culmination of decades of planning.  What people can give a starving child poison.  Sending nurses masks that leak. Lying, lying, lying.  Posturing.
Thank God everyday people are behaving so much better than that.  We are obeying the laws and common sense. We’re staying home. We are being kind each other , watching out for our neighbours.
I miss Laura. I worry about family. I pray. I work.  It’s nice to be home but it’s more intense.
I don’t sleep as well. I can’t relax as well.  I played guitar for a bit. I love walking the dog.  Reading hours of medical journals seemed more relevant than a novel.  I take pictures of Gilbert. I’m blessed with running water, heat, food in the cupboards, a full refridgerator, in door plumbing.  Spring is here.The flowers are blooming. I pray.  All Shall Be Well.This too shall pass.

No comments: