Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Iberostar Paraiso Maya, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

DSCN0956 DSCN0955 I love the Iberostar Paraiso Maya resort. It's spread out over a stretch of land with several different buildings, many restaurants, discos for adult, disco's for kids, a couple of MainStage theatres, tennis courts, golf, pool and beach.It's extremely safe. Lots of friendly staff and so many English speaking. I'm here for a medical legal conference but we're only 50 to 100 of the hundreds of guests. It doesn't seem crowded at all and the only time you see folk is in the dining area or passing on the well lit walkways. Kids are having a ball here in the kids club and pool. There's adult pools too. All that's missing as far as I can see is a place for my little dog Gilbert. Maybe next time I come they're have a special dog club. My room is elegant and sumptuous with in room safe, whirlpool tub and shower, living room, balcony and huge screen tv. IMG 2441 There's internet cable but the lobby has free wifi. Everything is inclusive. The buffets are spectacular. I love the organizers and it's just the first day. Westjet vacations organized the flight and transfer with Day Travel on site hosts. The concierge has been extremely helpful. Everywhere the decor is the most tasteful drawing on Mayan and Aztec themes. IMG 2445 Maybe tomorrow I'll get to the beach. Today I was away cave diving in the Cenote Chac Mol and later was the town of Playa del Carmen. I just made it back for the welcoming reception with more great food. I would recommend this Iberostar Paraiso Maya resort and Westjet Vacations to everyone. DSCN0951 DSCN0936 There's so many activities going on with salsa lessons, Padi diving, karaoke, and various outings, I caught the Vegas like Medley dance and song floor show which went back through the great songs from the 60's forward. Unfortanately while I was enjoying that a magic show was going on and I only caught a bit of that. I think part of the reason there's this lovely sense of being away from the maddening crowd despite so many people in the resort is that there are these various events going on and so many restaurants and activities. IMG 2444 IMG 2446

No comments: