Monday, January 28, 2013

Dentists, Playa del Carmen, Mexico, Coral Dental Center

I had seen a dentist in Canada and had a temporary filling put in a lower molar. He said I'd need a root canal and crown. My temporary filling came out while I was at a medical conference. I attended Dr. Marco Laguna, Endodoncia at Coral Dental Center in down town Playa Del Carmen on Riviera Maya. www.coraldentalcenter.com Alvarez and 25. 984 803 1622. The offices are on the 3rd floor above a pharmacy across from the Bancomer Bank. The waiting room was clean with recent magazines and one with Shania Twain on the cover. The receptionist was attractive and friendly. She took the appropriate information and spoke English well.
Dr. Marco Laguna is a handsome intelligent professional man who instilled confidence as  took a careful history, performed an examination, did an X-ray, and discussed my options. His English is excellent. He then performed a 'pain free" root canal. Then he took a follow up X-ray showing me his splendid work. 
I was then booked for an appointment with Dra. Mayra Miranda, Odontologia estetica. She is a tall beautiful intelligent young woman with a sense of humour and excellent English. Whereas Dr. Marco Laguna worked quietly, Dra. Mayra Miranda chatted pleasantly with her helpful staff during the procedures. Both approaches were calming and reassuring.
Dr. Mayra Miranada is also in Coral Dental Center where it seemed there were a couple of more dentists working as well. They had at least three, maybe four modern dental surgical suites with several staff in addition to reception. All were sensitive to my concerns.
Dr. Mayra Miranda saw me initially to build a core, make casts and put in a temporary crown. I returned for another short visit when she removed the temporary crown and installed the permanent ceramic crown. My bite and appearance are just fine.
The cost was at about a half what I would have paid in Canada. Frankly, I enjoyed not losing time from work and especially liked recuperating in the sun on the beach. I would thoroughly recommend Coral Dental Center to anyone who needs dental work while they're in Playa Del Carmen. I am very thankful. Both doctors spoke fluent Spanish as well.DSCN0957

No comments: