Monday, September 28, 2026

Journal, Laura and Madigan, Burnaby Autumn

Laura has driven home after a couple of weeks here. She left in her little red Smart Car with Madigan whining to see her leave.  

She had the flu the first week she was here.  Her boss was down too and her clinic was closed so she spent the week here with me feeing her soup and barbecues and her steadily getting better with Madigan’s nursing.

I’d had the motorhome in for the engine compressor replacement and work on the Hvacs system.  I’ve one more trip to Langley at the end of October and my hotorhome should be prepared for the trip south in Decemember. 

I had realized I lost a peg for the Demcon Excalibur Hitch and was so so pleased that E&H Hitch in Langley had a spare. I drove out there and collected it so that our hunting trip next week is still on.  With the hitch I’m able to pull the jeep behind the Thor Motorhome. I’ll drive up to the country and Laura will be able to stay in the motorhome while Madigan and I go out each day in the jeep to park beside trails to hike in search of bucks and grouse.

I was aghast that I’d lost this price of the puzzle through stupidity.

I’ve continue to work.  It’s about 30 ours a week and I really enjoy  many of my patients and am thankful for the opportunity to be of service.,  

This weekend I’ve been for a swim and today Madigan and I did the Burnaby lake walk

I’ve finished read Defenders of the West by Ibrahim telling the story of the crusades.  There are so many lies about Palestine and ‘religion of peace’ and Iran.  Islam invade Iran and killed the Zoroastrians. The Middle East was mostly Christian but the Muslims raped, killed enslaved and subjugated country after country til Godfrey fought back . Then it was a series of defensive responses with Cyd pushes the Muslims out of Spain after there years of terror. Then the Turks genocided the Americans and Hungarians and Vlad the Impaler pushed back.  The Islam invasions were reigns of terror with millions murdered and countless enslaved and boys taken in to make the next army.  The Taliban and Hammas are simply continuing the Jihadist core of the religion. The moderate Muslims are looked down on by groups like the Muslim Brotherhood . Sharia law is primitive and in part barbaric.  Yet that’s being promoted and Obama thought to be Muslim seen as a Trojan horse. Now Carney says Canadian values are Muslim values and it’s all so irritating. The Pope says we can co exist but there’s no evidence of this as Islam does not separate church and state and promotes totalitarianism as does communism the religion of aetheism. The is no secular space in these tyrannies. 

I’m reading medieval history and seeing King Charles pontificating like an old dinosaur.  Muslims invade Malaysia. Thailan’s king is thought sacred.  It’s all politics and it really does at times seem like Neo medievalism

I read an hour a day of social media especially enjoying the jokes and the beautiful women in bikinis/. My favourite joke this week was , a man tells the doctor his eyes are sore and water whenever he has sex and the doctor replies he must be allergic to pepper sprang.

I am still reading Evelyn Underwood’s Mystics of the Church.  Somewhere I have the book 20 influencail Christian’s and I’m making my way slowly through that.

With Laura here I read a lot.  I also barbecued steak and pork chops and burgers from Frull Basket Burchers in New Westminster. At night we watched more episodes of Blue Bloods and the conclusion of Reacher.

I’m a bit burnt out and looking forward to a couple of weeks hunting. I will still work 2 an half day a week rather than 4 days a week. I’m really looking forward to driving south . It a couple of thousand km and I only can drive 3-4 hours a day so it’s about 4 days of steady driving. I’m going straight to Palm Springs and Laura is flying in to join us for a few weeks over Christmas.  When I’m working virtual from the south it seems it’s less ‘busy’.  I continue to pay the bank.  I’m thankful that I can get out of the winter wetness and into the desert believing it protects my lungs and keeps me alive.  

I’ve really enjoyed my men’s meeting Wednesday and this week I had the Saturday morning MD2 Idaa recovery meeting and the WCDIR recovery meeting this morning.  I like the description of prayer putting one into a complementary wavelength. I certainly appreciate prayer and meditation. I also like gratitude a lot. 

Thannk you Jesus for this wonderful fall day, the sunshine and blue sky.  Thank you






No comments: