Sunday, November 26, 2023

Good Morning, Another Day, Thank you Jesus

I woke to the wonder and joy of Lauran and Madigan in bed beside me. I changed the propane tanks last night so the heat was true coupled with the electric furnace and the electric blanket.  Walking Madigan last night in the early darkness I met Peter and Bella and Luka and he said “just a few more sleeps”.  We both were wearing parkas.  He heads south each year Boxing Day.  His mother is here.  I’m leaving in a couple of weeks. When I dropped off the Mini at John’s in Chilliwack thanks to Laura driving it there while I drove the truck, he said, “already a couple of fellows have headed south with their RV’s and families.”  He was pointing to the mountains where there’d been snow already. There was a late fall crispness in the air and he was expecting snow. I liked the holiday spirit it the mall when I stopped to pick up my mail. It might have been Black Friday frenzy but it was the Christmas decorations, the tree and tinsels that caught my attention.  A beautiful young woman in cashmere sweater and camel skirt was posing for her girlfriend to take pictures of her in front of the tree.  
I’m drinking coffee. What’s new.  Laura gave me Irish Breakfast Tea which I drink in the afternoon. It’s past 7. I woke at 6.  There’s a WDIR Zoom meeting this morning at 9.  That solves the ‘do I or do I not get up to go to church’ debate. I didn’t make it last week.  Slept in. This week I’m up for the doctors spirituality meeting.  There’s frost on the roof of the building I see from my window.
It’s wonderful when Laura is here.  My buddy.  I share a bond and love is in the air.  I ‘m not alone. OF course Madigan is delighted that his ‘pack’ has expanded by another. He has two to get treats from and two to get pets from.  We walked as three yesterday.  He liked the off leash dog park.  We had a&w onion rings and burgers.  
At hom yesterday I finished The Last Crossing by Guy Vanderhaege.  It was a great read, brilliantly written. After I finished I wasn’t surprised to learn he was an English professor and had received many awards for his exquisite writing and well crafted works.  I ordered another then began the latest in Sharpes books.  Simpler reads,,  I ate a delicious dish of macaroni and cheese after several nights of barbecue steaks.  A mixed diet.  I ‘d be enjoying genre reading like the fast paced detectives and thrillers. The Saigon historical fiction was a great read. I’m rather blessed to be finding new authors and having much enjoyment in reading when I supposed I should be writing my own stories to contribute. I bought the last of the trilogy of the Englihhman’s boy and saw there was 2023 book I must order too.  
We watched a couple of scie fi last night…..The Creator was a bit like Avatar , interesting AI and Cambodia like scenery, jungles and such with markets and mix of ancient and modern. I wondered about the anti American message. Mostly Anti American Army. I’m not sure if they distinguish Ameriaa and the global Military Industrial complex as they tend to be pro communist.  There’s a market in China for the anti Americanism.  Yet the American and Chinese and Iranian and Russians are all in the killing game.  Singing give peace a change in Canada is only going to help the war mongers in Ukraine and Russia, Israel and Palestine and Saudi and Yemen and China and India.  
I don’t like the Buddhist Hindu Asian religious components in these movies that miss the ‘servant king’ nature of Jesus.  Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Aetheist communists as well as pagan and Christians have all been at war. it’s the polarization and dichotomies that are lost.  Cohen’s There is a war would  or Dylan’s you have to serve someone fly right over the  heads of communists and Muslims and Buddhist but I’d hope a Christian and Jew might sniff the meaning.  Whom am I to say in all arrogance and humility. Yet the movie had that sense.
The other was Hypnotics with Ben Affleck and a good watch indeed.  Less idealism and more home grown answer to the control freaks.  Both anti military industrial control freaks. I was saying to Laura that administration and Politics seems to have grown little in the last hundreds of year, law is still as backward, meanwhile sciences and medicine advance in leaps and bounds.  We’re be monkeys with space ships soon.
Now it’s a new day and I ‘m blessed.  Asking god for guidance and recovery.  Asking God for presence and knowledge, truth and love and direction.  to Know and love god.
God is infinite, impersonal and personal, the sum of all upposites, the one and the zero , alpha and omega, omniscient, and omnipotential.  Pure mind and pure heart.  Within and without Creation.  Love.  But no the absence of Love for only I can not love god as God always love me. I feel like I’m Madigan to God.  Madigan is still fucking pillowsa nd tearing the blanker or sheet chewing on it in ecstasy, frustration or anxiety. Who knows. He looks at me weird when I tell him not to.  I’m unsure what God wantswhen I reject the wee small voice and have another chocolate bar.  
Health is an issue.  Trying to live well and exercise enough ,eat right and speak softly .  I would be3 th best version of myself.  I would be kind but don’t want to be so open minded the marbles fall out. I want to experience thee blis of the flow.  thank you god for synchronicity . thank you god for your fingerprints on my life.
thank you god for this new day and the pains and brushes and blank pages.
I love you God.  thank you.






No comments: