Friday, November 10, 2023

Friday, Remembrance Day Weekend

Dad was RCAF. It was important to him.  He connected with other men who’d done service the way mothers connect with other women.  Conversations occurred that weren’t for girls and boys.  Exclusive conversations because the children couldn’t understand. They’d judge and be offended.
I’m here today thankful for Dr. McCrae who wrote “In Flanders field between the rows the poppy’s grow’.  We recited that as children in school in rows with teachers leading.

I’m up early. I woke from pleasant dreams of marinas and mountains and friends. It was 5 am . I was able to get up and pee and get back to bed to snooze.  It was 6 when I rose. I’ve prayed , meditated and exercised the little bit I do each day. He’s run out for a pee and a sniff. Now I’m having coffee. I’ve collected the laundry to drop off since I have to pick up my dry cleaning. It’s the winter blue wool coat I bought at the Bay some years ago.  I’m going to the desert by I will appreciate this driving to and fro from the south.
I’m excited about the future adventure expedition. Taking my camper truck and motorcycle south.  Last year it was a month with the mini staying in Best Westerns. This year Gilbert and I have Starlink.  Laura’s joining us for a couple of weeks at Christmas. I’ve got to find an RV park and be set up for our visit. We’re going to be shopping in Mexico as well as getting our teeth cleaned.  What a date! I want another pair of glasses and hearing aids. I’m becoming cyborgs.  I’ll restock on meds too.  

It’s rainy and dark.  With the clocks turned back there’s light at 7 am.  I’m moving to waking at 6 am as a consequence.  The evening is pitch black. Even in the south it’s dark at end of day.  I am planning on a two hour lunch in the south so I can take advantage of the mid day sun. I’d like to stock up on Vitamin D and hopefully see my back pain reduce.  Chronic pain is a challenge. It’s not that bad or I really would do more stretching exercises , lose weight quicker and actually make faster progress. I am progressing though and I persist in steady slow progress.  Last year in November I had such severe sciatica I could hardly circle the car.  Walking to the gas station washroom was a challenge.  This year I have fleeting fears of limitations.  Aging is something I recognise and worry I’m being too cautious then other times I’m not cautious enough.  

I’ve been reading another Anthony Grey. This one is Saigon. His Peking was superb and I’m enjoying Saigon.  A bit of a Modern Day Michener.  I love historical fiction .  

Madigan and I do our regular walks about the park and of course he comes with me on almost all the outings.  Today he’ll accompany me to the laundry and post office.  Laura is coming and she spoils him.  We love her company and visits.  Her daughter bought a Harley Nightster 750.  

Adell is planning to sell the property.  I expect that next year I’ll drive there to pick up the little boat and make arrangements to sell the big boat. I often think of taking the inside passage south for a last hooray or going up the St. Lawrence. The cost is what stops me.  I’m happy with the camper these days and especially like my large 5th wheel. I plan to take lessons in towing it when I return.   Perhaps next year I’ll take it south rather than the camper.  Perhaps I ‘ll go west. I like working virtual and doing these little jaunts.  I’m rather blessed indeed.  I sometimes look back on my life and smile. I’m so grateful.  Yes there’s been manure but that surely had fed the flowers, I continue to carry resentments to the institutional Borg and the arrogant smug mandarins.  I struggle to forgive and my mind continues to need to be reminded to look on the positive.  

Thank you God for this life. Thank you Jesus. Thank you God for this day.  Thank you for Madigan, Laura, family, friends and acquaintenance.  Help to guide me and show me the way.  Protect me and watch over my loved ones.  May I do thy will. Thank you.  









No comments: