Friday, November 17, 2023

Mid November, Carrying on

I’m pleased to say I woke up today.  I gave thanks. I crawled out of bed.  I have now meditated and prayed .  I’ve coffee. The day has begun. thee is light and blue sky.  I’ve a few errands.  Some work I can do.  A meeting I can attend. A trip to the storage locker.  I’m in preparation phase and anticipation.  I live to be in the present with the Lord but I confess I’m a few weeks ahead on holiday.  I’m dealing with a myriad of details in bits and spurts.  It’s falling together.  So many moving parts.  I do the next right thing.  Baby steps. One foot after another. It’s not like I’ll be 30 days away. I’ve a 4 day road trip.  I’ve done it before though now I’ll be carrying a motorcycle and a camper. I’m looking forward to places I know a long the way, especially the coastal highway.  I sailed that coast and it carries memories looking in and looking out.
I exercised remembering my father in his 80’s exercising each morning.  I think he did more than I do.  I often minimize now. Thankfully I have the dog to walk.  I let him out for a pee.
I’m reading Col. Hatfield second book in his Apollo Murder Series and enjoying it like I did the first.  I feel guilty I’m not writing my own books three are on the way but I’ve been distracted.
I’ve reached out to Loyalist Cove again.  A year ago I asked them to recommend a broker and I spoke to Grant but he was going to see the boat and didn’t get back to me. Now when I asked the insurer to insure it for the new year they asked for an up to date survey. I ‘ve spoken to Loyalist cove and they recommended Paul Esseld so I’ve left him a message asking him to survey the boat so I can insure and sell it.  I’m shedding skins.  
My back injuries have left me feeling fragile and though I know I could devote more time to exercising and stretching and strengthening I don’t see myself able to solo sail .  Some of it is age and weakness but actually I just don’t want to do it. I’m in a comfort seeking phase of life and even hunting seemed a bit rigorous. I ‘d rather wear a sun dress, or lie on the beach in the sun.  I like to drink coffee write and watch people. I think about travelling to Venice, Vienna and Berlin. I imagine Bangkok and Bali. I really am looking forward to Mexico again.  Mostly though I like what I’m doing and imagine once I do this camper trip I could easily tow the big rig south or just keep sun hunting with the camper. I love it here except in winter and it’s the ice I’m afraid of. I’ve this fear of slipping and falling because my back might not save me in a balancing act. It’s not true. I’m just a bit catastrophizing and hypochriachal but the fact is my back hurts with certain movements and strains so I’m enjoying less athletic endeavours and the cold.
I’m blessed with a home, heat, my buddy Madigan who is the best companion. I m going to read now and have another coffee.  









No comments: