Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Autumn days, beautiful

I am working virtual from home today. Yesterday I was at the clinic, enjoying seeing, Karen, Ruby and Yoanna.  It’s a lovely place to work and I do enjoy the people.  I like working from home avoiding traffic and commutes and safer from the flu and covid that plague clinical space.  I’ve become anxious with older age since I couldn’t breathe so sick on return from Delhi.  These last years I’ve not had the weeks of URI that had caused such illness in the past.  I’m blessed really.  I used to overwork all the time and feel the strain to meet the demand, personally feeling responsible for the shortages of resources.  Now I’m pacing myself and doing what I can to be healthy.  Aging isn’t for the young.
I’m preparing for the trip south with only a few weeks to go.  I’m thankful for my Adventurer Camper, Ford 350, Starlink and my Macpro laptop, ipad and iPhone.  
A patient said I’d lost weight which has been my hope. My pants are loser and I’m eating more carrots than ice cream. I’m exercising walking the dog and more active.  
Madigan is a great companion. He’s taken to playing fetch in the home.  Late by my Scotty, Stuart’s standards.  He loves going to the clinic seeing Karen and Belinda who had cared for him while Laura and I were in Europe.  
I’m thankful for my teachers and mentors, so many passed. I’m looking forward to seeing family and friends and dogs and cats in Heaven.  I’m pleased to be here now. Life is an adventure.  
I’ve been taking stuff to the storage locker, cleaning up clutter to be ready to leave this place.  I realize it’s time to replace the couch and get a new smaller mattress. Maybe when I get back when I plan to do driver’s lessons. I’ve been thinking of an on line course from university but fluctuate in what I’d like to learn.  I’m up to date I think with my MOCOMP continuing education studies. I love to learn.  History fascinates me .Loved watching the Promise about the Armenian massacre.  Just read Grey’s Saigon, historical fiction like Michener, all of whose books I once read.

It’s a beautiful day. I’ll have to get up and walk Madigan, taking out the garbage before this virtual clinic day begins.  

Thank you Jesus. Thank you God. Thank you Holy Spirit.










No comments: