Friday, March 4, 2022

Waverly Train Statiom

It’s our last night in Edinburgh .  The Childhood Museum was closed . We went to the Edinburgh Museum instead. More Haig and Greyfriar’s Bobby - his collar.  Also glass works and silver.  
I have the tickets for Aberdeen tomorrow. I actually had to walk to the Waverly station down the street a block. I’d phoned simply because it turned out there were several train stations and none were listed on the receipt I was left on hold.  2 hours the night before on computer only to have the site have a technical error then a half hour waiting for a phone  person.  I walked down.  I have the tickets now. 
The Apple Store was across from the train station. Because I have apple care they will actually replace my ipad. When I slipped on Arthur’s Seat it was in my back pack and must have banged because the glass is cracked. The tech said it was safe but they didn’t have that ipad and suggested I try in Aberdeen. 
A plan
We check out in the morning and take a 2 hour train to Aberdeen. 
I just bought Laura a sweater. We had ‘words’ .  She was talking to me while I was talking on the phone. Something about being deaf. Something about the frustration of dealing with phone computer, also the fear of wracking up cell costs waiting on the line, and fatigue from climbing a mountain.  I snapped at her, don’t talk to me while I’m on the phone.  She snapped back, ‘don’t use that tone of voice with me’.  
I gave up waiting on the phone and went to the station.
I bought her a sweater, the one I saw walking to the paths for Arthur’s Seat.  I don’t want to upset her. The problem wasn’t her it was the poor computerization of tickets and trains and abuse of customers. Forcing everyone to use a ‘site’ but the ‘site’ had ‘technical difficults’.  2 hours every week I trouble shot tech problems for free.  It goes back to the expectation of perfection from me and the lack of equipment and sorry standards in other fields especially anything touched by government. The pressure to digitalization is concerning

Putin is a problem. But Trudeau is a problem too. Hard to say with the war,  I support Ukraine but hate being on the same side as Trudeau who must have a secondary agenda which makes one wonder if Putin doesn’t know something.  The whole Covid lock down and abuses of power and government over reach make ‘democracy’ no so different from the old USSR communism.  Putin is a dictator and ex KGB and hard line so he’s wrong. The face of a past world. But what’s with Biden.  All that Hunter Biden intrigue.

I’m drinking tea in the Edinburgh Cafe.  There’s a little girl crayoning at the table. Her mommy is one of the servers.  I’m ready to go onto Aberdeen.








No comments: