Sunday, March 20, 2022

Paris

It is morning here in Paris. Another sunny day. The weather has been a true blessing. There is smog in the air. Not so bad as Delhi or Vancouver in the summer of fires but it is here. My throat is sore. I thought it was omnicron. The air was better in London. I did have a sore throat and runny nose. But it persists here despite whatever flu like infection I had passing.  
Laura and I worry about return. I know worrying is wicked. Jesus said do not be afraid repeatedly.  I do not want to nocebo.  Laura is more anxious. Trudeau has extended the testing mandate before return to April 1, April fools day.  The truth is the tests aren’t true.  They have too many false positives. The whole Covid issue has been more political science than science. Stanford studies and cruise ship data early showed the ubiquitousness of the virus. It spreads. It interacts with the human immunological system as all viruses do. The weak hosts and nasty virus kill each other in a struggle to the death. Moderate more conniving bugs survive and become endemic. We’re at the endemic phase.  Interesting that zikka, sars and Ebola all took about 2 to 2 1/2 years to come in like a blast and then settle down.  So dropping the return testing requirement April 1 or today has no more validity than the 72 hour test decision about going to Bellingham. These are arbitrary. Of course public health enthusiasts would argue that at population levels they have relevance but I no longer trust their ‘computer projections’ for climate change or covid.  The methodology has been too far off too many times.  So I’m a skeptic. Right now all the world is dropping restrictions and getting on with life.  
We’ve had triple vaccination.  The vaccinations were key. I believe in those but not testing after vaccination Especially given the militaristic approach to vaccinations.  If vaccinations are warranted then why the test.  If you are going with the test then the vaccination should not be necessary. Either/or.  
Personally I don’t like the uncertainty about whether we can go home later this week.  Laura is very anxious about being quarantined and not being able to return to work. She catastrophizes. I would just see it as another week of vacation and be sorry but financially I’m more stable than she is though I promise her I’ll take care of her.  The modern woman doesn’t want to acknowledge that. The modern woman insists men are unnecessary.  A man is as necessary to a woman as a bicycle is necessary to a fish. Yet I’m generous caring  and working  and have lived responsibly with sufficient savings to get me through.  Most live at the outer edge of their means.  
Today I know many men who are still dependent on their mothers while I know many more women who are dependent on men.  I know so many men who are dependent on the state. I feel my back ache is related to the idea I have of carrying the world.  It’s that self pity whine that flares up and is sometized.
The latest fear is the WEF.  There was the who Communist Canadian Strong and IPCC deceit upon deceit. The skies falling, give me money climate change swindle. Then there was the this ‘great reset’.  I simply don’t trust the UN.  The ability of Mob units within that body that can come up with the anti Israel rants all the while a group of Muslim men say they are the committee for women’s rights should tell anyone that the UN is a circus at best. So many grandiose Beurocratic types, little Hitler’s and Little Napoleons. I remember working in government and encountering these control freaks.  
Personally I’m like Wallace and Bruce.  Scots whae Hae!!!! 
Then the evidence that two corporations or Black something and can’t recall the other are the committee controlling all money. Then the idea that Klaus says everyone should have no money.So more communist destruction of the middle class turning society into the pre Magna Carta world of the godless dictatorships and the dictatorships of pagan and Islam variety.  I’m Christian. I prefer Jesus. Christians are the most persecuted in the world. I’m white. All of the rhetoric is ‘anti white’.  Third columns and fourth columns and shame and blame. But who chooses the ‘terms of reference’.  We just saw that the aboriginals killed off the precursors in North America .  Homo sapiens beat the Neanderthals and Denizons.  Why work when corruption and thievery can get all the gains. Steal a little and they put you in jail….steal a lot and they make you king.
I feel threatened and pressured in the middle and have done every test and jumped every hoop but now I’m old and vulnerable and tired. The slackers have done that matrix thing stealing energy.  Sucking souls. 
Now I’m in Paris. Before I left on this ‘vacation’ I was ready to give up.  Retirmentmen is an option but now that I’m rested and renewed I ‘m ready to go back into the jungle and take up my cross.  My back hurts, my body is weary. I’m 70 years old. I don’t think it but I do feel it.  I have been enriched with all the museums and galleries and inspired. When I feel the human race is lost I just have to get on the Eurostar and see the achievements man is capable of. It all gives me hope.  Each of the inventions in the museums, each of the achievements in science art and living fills me with renewed faith in my fellow man and woman. This too will pass.
I had watched the media of London and Paris and the journalists are a depressing lot. Being among the people I am restored with the ‘buzz’. There’s so much life and fun.  Babies being born. My grand nephews and the god kids are the future. It’s the nature of my work that I’m with the marginal and those of little faith. I’ve spent a life time lifting people up who don’t want to go anymore.  Of course we all die. I’ve even provided quality of death experiences but not yet.  Repeatedly I’ve seen people recover.  My depression, if I want to call it that at Christmas, was the product of two years of lockdowns and fear mongering.  I was ready to retire because I couldn’t join in the ‘blame the victim’ approach that dominates government health towards psychiatry and addiction medicine.  
All the data show that when therapists don’t believe in the potential of abstinence for patients they don’t get abstinence. Abstinence is the treatment of choice but you’d never hear that in the harm reduction sell booze and drugs, better living through chemistry government supported system. I’m a maverick in the community struggling with competing interests always with a beurocrat with a gun to my back telling me to smile and dance and if you aren’t popular we’lll shoot you. They College of Phusicioans love drug pushers and psychopaths and sociopaths. We all in the trenches seen how they promote the evil and are the evil.  
Who am I to judge. Live and let live.  I much nip the unhealthy thoughts early and focus on the good. All shall be well. All Shall be well. All manner of things shall be well. That’s again the mantra as I go forth.
Tomorrow the Louvre.  Today a slow day with a visit to a church.  Laura wants a day of rest.  She’s afraid of getting covid before she has to take the mandatory test.  That’s her placebo.  I don’t know. God is good all of the time is mind.  This too shall pass.  A rest day is good.  We’ve only done a few hours each day of ‘sight seeing’ so by no means is it onerous and a change is a good as a rest but she likes to lie on beaches and I like to climb mountains.  Amazing we have such fun together.  We do.  
All shall be well. All manner of things shall be well.


I love that the French are restoring Norte Dame after the arson attack by the radical Islamist.  Trudeau the tool has done nothing about the 50 churches that were burnt down in Canada last year.  


I love being on the Seine.  We’re staying on the Left Bank. It’s endless cafe’s.





Moon from our window sky light













No comments: