Thursday, March 3, 2022

Dream Day 1 and 70

I dreamed I was at an AA group.  A colleague who judged himself superior commented that the AA’s were meeting. I was enthusiastic, feeling my missing my tribe, and went to where I was among my own. The thought of a whisky in Edinburgh has played on my mind.  So a meeting is due.  
I also woke thinking I had to climb Author’s Seat.  I’d done the Grouse Grind with Gordie who I miss. He was older and together did the grind in our sixties enjoying the insanity of it. When Hank was alive I was pleased to return to the Phoenix meetings and share I’d climb the Camel top.   I’d done it first when I was training in hypnosis there with the Ericksonian Society. I will always feel fondly towards Phoenix as it was the place where I first experienced deep throat. I love the Paul Simon song with ‘just like a dog I was befriended’ and the Cohen song “giving me head on the unmade bed’. It was as Jewish doctor from New York who enlightened me.
Now I’d  like to climb Author’s seat. It was the location in one of Ian Hamilton’s superb Edinburgh mysteries, probably book one Edinburgh Twilight.  I loved the detective series set in the late 1900’s with Conan Doyle as a medical student. So much history. I read them in preparation for coming.  I’ve been reading Stuart McBride too but he’s more about Aberdeen where we go tomorrow.  Ian Hamilton is quintessential Edinburgh.  
I just have to put my boots on and be off. I may or may not get the hotel breakfast. I’m keen to be moving. I’ve missed my morning meditation but hope I can make up for it by prayer and meditation in high places.  Like Phoenix it’s only an hour up. I’m a 70 yo man today and don’t wish to be reckless as I’ve late come to appreciate the true value of life and reflection.  I’m blessed.  Laura will like a time to herself to.  She’s aware of where we’re located and quite capable of going out for a stroll and a shop though I’d not be surprised if she spent the morning writing to here kids, on cards or on internet.
We’ve had great outings to date. The thought of another museum though didn’t excite as much as the thought of Author’s seat and a meeting.  Now to look for a meetings. Must keep momentum. Any distraction can so easily undo a plan to do something healthy and aerobic.  

I love the Harris Tweed Hebrides I’ve gifted myself for my birthday. I’ll wear the vest but worry I’ll be too hot if I take the jacket. I ve the rugby Scottish team golf shirt I bought yesterday, clean and ready to absorb the sweat, I will wear the vest and perhaps take the scarf Laura gave me with the unicorns. I’ll look forward to having coffee somewhere today.  


I thought of Madigan when I saw this painting. My adolescent puppy so amorous these days. I do hope he gets along with Karen.  If we came back home to find he’d had an emergency castration we’d not be surprised. He was humping poor Laura through the quilt on the bed before I kicked him off.  Nature.




We passed the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle centre on our walk back from the National Gallery of Modern Art. There’s so many statues and plaques of famous historic people.  I remember when I was first in London i loved seeing all this history on display especial the brass plaques on buildings indicating some famous person once lived there. My friend Donny is in Cuba and just had lunch at a restaurant where all the mob bosses and celebrities use to congregate before the Castro mob took over. Donny put up the menu which listed those who ate their,  I remember always the marvellous famous jazz hole in Winnipeg that had a plaque ‘we fired …..’ a very famous singer.  It was like that church play where one church leader bragged that ‘bill Clinton attended’ and the other replied ‘we’d not let him attend our church”.
Time to be off. I can see light in the distance.  Dawn is near upon us, 

No comments: