Saturday, November 27, 2021

Stormy day

Vancouver is now reconnected with the rest of Canada. The storms of the last weeks had flooded Abbotsford and Princeton and Merrit. The old Sumas Lake had reformed.  Courageous farmers and friends rescued horses and cattle. Mudslides destroyed parts of the Coquahalla.  I was here.  Unaffected except for the deluge of rain.  Not cats and dogs but raining hippopotamus and dinoasuras.  Torrential.  Now all are ready.  Crews on hand. It’s been raining steady for two days.  The river is high and some banks have been eaten away. I walked Madigan along the river.  Again it’s not really affected me.  Sandy said her husband has stayed in Vancouver because though they have opened the road to Chilliwack it’s one lane and lots of construction, the one hour commute now 6 hours.  In my church they are gathering clothes and food for the migrant workers who are stranded, their bunk houses and the land flooded.  
Today there were some food shelves empty at Walmart. I’d been to Costco last week and there was no shortage. I’ve a fridge and freezer and cupboards full of foods.  The booster for the Covid vaccines is becoming available. I’m planning on getting mine. 
I’ve been focussed on the birthday holiday.  A conference and a trip to my grandfather’s home. I’ve just read a great detective novel, Edinburgh Twilight (Ian Hamilton series) by Carole Lawrence. I’ve downloaded the next Edinburgh Twilight.  I find reading stories like this acquaints me with Edinburgh. I’m well in to the  Bloody Scottish History 
Aberdeen by Elma McMenemy . I’m enjoying the easy read. I’ve got several on the go including Scottish Art and Modern Art , a very short introduction, by David Cottington, a really excellent read. I’m wondering about going to the Tate and the Scottish Modern art galleries.  I’ve little love for the post impressionist period overall though the impressionist and surrealists and cubists were all outsiders in their day.  I just don’t enjoy Pollock as much as Gainsborough or Van Gogh.  I really like religious art especially mother and child presentations.  I confess too that I’m delighted to have a study focus now that I’m going to be visiting art galleries again.  I like reading of history, and art, and culture.  There’ s the. Medical school I’ll be visiting and I’m looking forward to Opera and Ballet. I was able to book the opera but am still trying to get tickets to th ballet. The server failed at the last minute and I’m not certain I have them or not. It’s very difficult to call because of the extreme time difference.
I’m considering a new jacket for the trip. I’ve grown fat so the one lined shell jacket which would be ideal won’t be comfortable with a sweater under neath. I plan to buy a High land sweater on arrival for the trip but need the right jacket. I think Mountain Equipment Coop is the likely place.  I’ve taken my long leather coat out of storage and am enjoying it though I didn’t wear it last year.  There’s something to be said for storage and wardrobes.
It’s raining heavily.  I took Madigan for a walk by the river. We had yoghurt and Cobs spinach croissant . I showered and dressed . Then I drove to Dr. Reddy who did another adjustment . His last adjustment a few weeks back really improved my flexibility and mobility and took away the sharp pain I had in the right lower back. After I stopped at Staples where I sat in an office chair better than mine.  I’m think the couch is a problem too. The chair is certainly better than the jury rig office I had at the beginning of Covid.  Now I’m doing much better. I’d love when the hot tub wasn’t jet less and we had to limit the number there. I don’t want to risk going over and having to turn back. I’ve been using naproxen most days and I’m doing better. A matter of weather too.  I bought Epson 110 mobile portable printer ink. This printer is turning out to be really great.  I also bought another pen , old technology but it’s a really beautiful Cross.  There really is a market to be made in ornamental jewelled tablets.  Phone covers are fine but like the pen the actual laptop and pad and phone could be ornamented.  I’ like my iPad with rubies and engraving. My silver skull head umbrella arrived.  It will give me comfort walking in the morning and late at night as I could fend off a predator, those times being dark and the time I as an apex predator would be prowling. I worry about my little guy out on point tugging on the leash.  I want to protect him. He’s a good boy. A fine little room mate.  Pulls my heart strings.
Adell got the chocolates I sent her. Graeme is recovering. I bought some Christmas pjs for Elliott and Fin. 
I’m now at home having had sandwiches and now drinking Ethiopian coffee wondering about going out looking for a jacket thinking myself silly for doing so.  I could go for a swim or read my Scottish or art history.  I am often restless and spend too much time on the couch watching Netflix. 
__________

I ‘ve  just returned from another walk with Madigan.  Down by the river. It’s swollen and fast flowing.  The bank is out in one place and a big tree has toppled with the great roots no longer holding as the river bank was eroded. It was dusk.  I took some pictures.  I had my new umbrella with the skull handle and steel shaft.  Felt better if a cougar , coyote or bear surprised me on the path. As it was two great st. Bernards came up behind me.  Madigan and turned back and was ready to play. We know them. Still they startled me. Hadn’t heard a thing. If it weren’t for Madigan a cougar or wolf would be on us. I’m going deaf and the rain muffles sound. I used these conditions to sneak up on deer in the rain and shoot them.  I’d not like to be walking at dusk or dawn without Madigan.  I had my long leather coat on which is protection.  

I feel badly .  I was talking to my neighbour and couldn’t help but comment on all the billions that was supposed to go to ‘infrastructure spending’.  The Liberals couldn’t say where it went.  It was supposed to dredge areas and improve dikes and roads but typical of Trudeau government rife with corruption it likely went to multi million dollar gab fests of party favourites.

I was thinking of doing another step 4 around institituions.  I am resentful at ‘Trudeau”, “federal government”, the UN,  IPCC, WEF and Agenfa 21 , Davos and now the Glasgow Orgy.  Why.  Because they take my money. It doesn’t affect my self esteem or personal relationships. Obviously it can affect my sex relationships because the stupid young girls love the shallow rich stupid guys like Trudeau and all those spouting ‘politically correct ‘ propaganda and fashion.  The Nazis early got laid a lot.  But really it’s just my money that I get upset with and the though that these little psychopaths could be putting more money into science and less into parties that are no different than they were a thousand years ago.  Talk fuck fests. I’d like functional MRI’s and PET scans . I’d like more medical research and anti terrorism and less corruptions. If our leaders weren’t such twits all our tax money wouldn’t be going to these luxury scams and the drivel that flows from the central BS.  
Oh well, what’s my part in it. I didn’t vote for the little dictator or his Quebec rodent followers and the scab voters who he favoured from other countries selected for likelihood to vote 30 years in the past.  The Liberal Party and Trudeau are as out dated today as Xi Jinping.  Marxism is a maggot crawling off the dead body of communism.  My part is that I voted for Trudeau and supported Trudeau when my father and mother told me that Trudeau senior was evil or twisted. They knew the family stunk and yet I was 20 and I liked Trudeau senior. Though that carnation lovely and liked that I shook his hand on ly to find out later he didn’t like shaking hands.  I sort of grabbed it.  Then his sick son came along and I’m paying for the silliness of my youth, listening to hippy world and not asking whose paying.  Now the eggs have hatched and the chickens have come home to roost
I have ‘fear of economic insecurity’, aging now and seeing Trudeau inflation and economic mismanagement.  

Yet I’m spending,  I could be more frugal like my family.  I’m working longer than any of them. I’ve worked hard too.  I like working. I like being of service.  I’ve all I need and my anxiety and fear is future based.  God is good all of the time. I need to get to meetings.  Yet I listen to anxiety all day.  I ‘m constantly ‘lending ego ‘ and ‘reassuring’.  Still I’m blessed.  This too will pass.  

There’s a South African variant.  I’m waiting for a booster. There’s a ‘vaccine passport’ I need. I’m waiting for insurance appraisal of my injured camper. I saw the card for the people who sell yachts.  I’m putting it off. May be I’ll sail to the Caribbean or Ireland yet. I’ve the boat. All I need is crew.  But I could sell the boat and focus on travelling with RV and truck   I’m waiting to hear about the Camper bccause I’ thinking of trading my  F350 2017 8 foot box 6.2 gas engine for the 6 1/2 foot box because then I could perhaps sell my little car. I simply can’t easily drive and park in city with 8 foot box but with the new surround cameras and shorter truck I could do well. I also take the gate off to put the camper on and with the short4r box I’d leave the gate on rather than having it off most of the year.  It’s an idea.  My fears are related to the possibility that my ‘plans’ won’t come through because of inflation etc.  Fear of economic insecurity would leave us.  Well I do tend to take my will back rather than accept ‘thy will be done’.  If that’s what God wants it will happen, Like the vacation .  

The bank just reinvested a mutual fund that came to maturity today. Here I am afraid of economic insecurity and I have a ‘mutual fund’.  I can get by. I just don’t want to ‘get by’. I want to continue to have this ‘good life’. I really am grateful for this good life. I have a nice place to live, clean water, clean air, heat.  I’ve work and madigan and Laura visits. I’ve family and friends. Thank you Jesus. Of course we’re a little worried the river rising. I’ve an inflatable in the garage and a folding boat on the side.  I’ve even got a couple of outboard motors.  It’s not as if I’m not prepared. I talked to a man today whose unable to get to his home in Kelowna because the roads are closed and he’s concerned about his house and property. My problems are Cadillac problems. Like what am I going to eat to night.  I’ve chilli or kraft or I could order a pizza.   Life is okay.  

Thank you Jesus.









 

No comments: