Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Dream

I dreamed I was in a mystical place, the hills and valleys by the ocean, the peninsula, where I’ve often come to hunt and 4x4 or just walk.  Today I was walking up hill, carrying a shot gun and a rifle, my little dog was with me, I believe it was Madigan.  A little kitten crossed my path and ran up the hill. A moment later a great banging occurred and I turned to see a water buffalo charging me. I fumbled to get my rifle clear and was able to shoot two 30:06 shells into his chest. He veered to the right of me going over the hill. I was thankful I’d been able to shoot from the hip, there was no time to raise the rifle and look through the scope. He was barely 20 yards off when I shot. I believed both bullets went into his chest and he was wounded. I thought I’d have to let him die and go looking for him. It was going to be heavy work. I walked on a bit to a camp where an old man was and I told him about the water buffalo. I asked him if he’d seen anyone else and he told me a family with lots of kids had passed that way chasing a bear but that was hours before nearly at dawn. I laughed thinking of my god children and their parents charging up the mountain looking for bear.  

In the same dream I was walking along the river with Madigan and the kingfisher landed feet away on a post so close it looked huge and I was able to get a beautiful picture with my iPhone camera

I awoke then. 

Madigan is jumping on my face not long after dawn these days. I was thankful for the dream.  They were positive and rewarding. I believe they are heaven, another dimension, where I will one day go. I often seen people who have died in these dreams and young people. There are young people from the dance and hippy days and later my sailboat and also the hunting though I don’t even know if I killed the water buffalo.  The success was surviving and saving my puppy. I so often forget that success in a hunt is so often coming home safely and having a grand adventure. The game is the cherry on the cake but not the cake. 

I had a lovely visit last night meeting the girls last night and having a regular hen meet. They cooed and cawed over Madigan,”He’s so adorable. He’s prescribes. He’s so cute.”  I beamed because I think so too.  He was so happy to make friends. They bought me ice cream and we sat on a park bench enjoying the ice cream , a summer evening in the city. They’d been to the Van Gogh experience and said it was wonderful. As usual I felt badly later I didn’t ask more about it.  With Covid it was just so exciting to be meeting and having a relatively normal encounter on the street. We actually hugged in greeting and no one was wearing masks. On the streets it was about half and half.  Dr. Bonnie Henry has loosened restrictions. The church has opened to two different groups but I wasn’t on the list so will wait till it’s even more open.  I’m considering a meeting tonight. I’ve begun to reconnect in little bits like this. It’s summer and with covid restrictions lifting a kind of blossoming.  

I’ve been trying to send some money to an African fellow but I don’t know if it’s a scam it’s just a little money and I’d like to learn if there is an easy way to transfer funds. It was quite involved in terms of the bank information I needed when I transferred money to Alan and Meagan in Ireland.  I have been generous here at home but sometimes make an offer before I know what’s entailed. I even opened another bank account for the safety of having a hub independent of work.  I had to have an account too where I could receive payments. These are all complicated beurocratic things that weary me and give me little joy so can only be done in stages as my work is so exhausting and demanding and has me so commonly involved in solving computer problems Even today I have to find a way to get the screen back on and last night I was too tired to remember passwords.

I loved the Amber dress and jewelry. I brought home some jewelry I’d left in the camper last year and was glad to find it.  I had cancellations yesterday so had more energy at the end of the day than normally. It only takes seeing one less and I’m able to do something in the evening.  My routine is constricted by the draining exhausting nature of my work. The sun though changes everything. It was so bright and the light goes on so late.  I am having moments of almost ecstatic nostalgia as views and scents of summer trigger such positive recollections.  I can’t help but think so many in the world don’t know the luxury of summer. Growing up in Winnipeg with blizzards and cold in the longest winters and mucky springs, the short summers were a joy to be treasured.  Summer and fall , a few months of heaven. Now I’m living in a coastal rainforest. I can ride a motorcycle year round but there’s so often rain and clouds like when I lived in London.  The Mariana Islands were a joy. Now I know what I’ve been missing when the sun appears.

I’ve booked several camping trips with Laura.  I will book plane flights for the wedding visit in HayBay and Ottawa perhaps this week. Graeme has been making the most beautiful pictures with the drone.  I sent the virtual goggles east as well. I am more excited by a 2 way water pump that is coming this week.  I’m waiting for the ipad too.  It’s supposed to arrive this week. So many positive events and I’m still able to work and be of service.  My cake is next week. June is always a rough month.  

Thank you Jesus.










No comments: