Wednesday, June 2, 2021

A new spring morning

Madigan let me sleep in today. We woke with the alarm and I only pressed the snooze once. It was even nice to look in the mirror and see that I had hair and eyes that nearly smiled. My wrinkles were wear of weather and experience.  No scars.  It was good to have my own home.  
Madigan was glad to go for a walk. A morning ritual.  The sun was so fine.  Then down the dappled trail along the river. A young chinese man running. An older man passing in the other direction. One speeding cyclist looking all the college student.  Likely hell bent for classes. Madigan just sniffed. I liked the birds flitting in the trees, their songs and talk. Then home.  
I’ve had granola and cream. African Coffee. This is Equator ground.  I have lots of Ethiopian beans but my grinder died and I’m waiting another.  
I’m enjoying ‘Tread Softly on my Dreams’, a novel of Ireland.
The next two days I’m working from home. I was in the clinic. I’ve the second  vaccine this Friday and Madigan gets his chip the same day. Laura’s over and I’m having my hair roots done Saturday morning. I have light blond off softening the grey. My body aches concerns me.  I don’t feel old inside.  I don’t even seem that old when I look in the mirror but some days walking I see myself and I’m looking older for sure.  Mostly I’m not getting enough exercise.  I need a new desk and chair that ergonomically fit. I’ve had this mismatch too long but procrastinate on tasks. My accounts are done and I’ve to reorganize them for another year.  I’ve paper work to find in the storage locker.  There I just found some I was looking for and they were here in the living room cupboard.
I delighted in lying in the sun in shorts yesterday at lunch soaking up the Vit D.  It wasn’t a beach but next best thing, the back yard sun tanning.
I love the spring and summer now. 
I wonder if Vivian is still alive and still struggling.  
Covid continues. Lockdown continues. The disinformation and misinformation and stories and counter stories persist in the media. I don’t know what is ‘true’ now considering that the powers that be do not believe in ‘objective truth’ but only ‘political expediency’.  
I’m meditating and praying and don’t feel closer or further from God. There’s that sense of lull.  It could go on.
I’m slowly progressing on a couple of books and would like to see my days free to simply study and write.  My happy place today would be a library.  I see that in my future.  I miss having an adventure goal. I’m marking time with all the restriction. My nephews wedding has put a destination and time on the calendar. Other wise the days just flow and I look forward to camping. No major projects.  Wheel to put on the transom of the dinghy and a light to install above the door.  I seem to get things done while believing I’m doing nothing. Each day I do another day of work and enjoy getting paid if only to pay the mortgage. What a dream it would be to be free of the mortgage.  We’re all indentured slaves to mortgages.  We once paid off passages.  We pay for our freedom. This hiarchy is deeply offensive when I see a brain fart like Trudeau having dynastic rule because his name like Kardasians has recognition value.  My dad was so much more of a man than his dad.  My family for generations is much more but they worked the land and worked with their hands and went to university for engineering and agricultural and medical degrees. I don’t regret avoiding the law degree. The theology degree was interesting .I’d expand on my religious studies.  Somewhere I have the Unviersity of California degree in storage. Master of Religious Studies.  I’d a ‘theology’ degree from a less respectable organization. I was into irony then when university degrees were being sold by the institutions.  University of Toronto medical school students failed by their professors were passed by administrators and lawyers.  Today education in the liberal arts is accesorizing.  I’m enjoying studying Gaelic much as I studied Spanish and Hebrew before that. I muddle along not very gifted in language. I also am playing the guitar only occasionally and I once played it often. I began musical theory training again on the keyboard picking up from the childhood years of former music and voice training.  I’m remember the good feeling , the freedom and creativity before the bullies and tyrants stepped in and demanded that all be homogenized to their low IQ.  Mass education and mass consumerism. 

I am thankful for the sunshine. Thank you God for the flowers and the birds. Thank you for the fresh air and the entertainment of madigan with his curiosity love and enthusiasm. I look forward to Laura coming Friday and the vaccine as a ‘mark’. I pray for Vivian.  I celebrate the new babies and the babies to come. It’s spring.  Rebirth and birth.  Hallelujah!  Thank you Jesus.



 

No comments: