Friday, May 7, 2021

Spring birds

I love looking out my work window on to forest. I love seeing the birds in the nearest evergreen. I love the migrations of birds in spring and fall. I love my Nikon Coolpix P1000, the best bird camera I’ve known. I love taking pictures and looking them up in bird identification books or the on line Audubon app. I like it a lot when my resident ornithologist, Rob, a retired professor, identifies ‘mystery birds’ I just can’t identify. He did this with the Pine Siskin I thought was a sparrow with a 80’s heavy metal hair cut. 
British Columbia is God’s country. I’m now in Burnaby where the green is majestic. I am so thankful for the birds. Thanks to Rob, I’m even listening more to bird songs. He shared some tapes of chickadee songs and what they mean. Amazing!

Pine Siskin

Yellow capped sparrow

Chestnut backed chickadee

Spotted towhee

No comments: