Thursday, December 31, 2020

New Year’s Eve morning, 2020-2021

Madigan is the best of this year.  Losing Gilbert was the worst.  Trading in the KTM 690 for the Vespa 250 Touring was another highlight.  Taking the Camper with Laura and Gilbert first to Horse Lake then to Princeton was also pretty incredible.  BC camping with a truck and a camper and a motorcycle is pretty awesome anytime. 
I  really liked getting the Nikon P1000 for birding.  Discussing that and the SiOnyx Night vision pro with my nephew was pretty awesome. Then bird pictures. I loved walks with Gilbert, he had heart disease and was slowed down so didn’t mind the stops I made to take pictures.  I loved the Anna’s hummingbird, immature eagle, the red tailed Hawk, the king fisher, the wood ducks.  The king fisher was special.
I know, it was Covid.  I moved home from the clinics to my virtual office. I loved the “Living in a ghost town,” song by the Rolling Stones.  It was tough. All the sadness and despair.  Reassurance and a prescription pad.  Motivation therapy and 12 step facilitation.  I missed church. I missed meetings. I missed the symphony, the ballet, opera and concerts, travel. I enjoyed dressing up and going for outdoor coffee. Visiting the post office and grocery shopping twice a week became the big excursions.
Normally I reflect on the year just about now. This year was just survival. I was running on empty when the Christmas break came. I’m still recuperating.  I thought it rather synchronistic that the battery in my truck died, the neighbourhood power was out 24 hours. I ran out of gas for the generator.  
Laura as tired too.  Madigan was biting.  I cooked meals each day. I exercised. My back has been a pain. I feel a bit old and vulnerable. I was so sick in spring, unable to breathe, like a scuba diving accident.  Shocking. I came through.  I worry more more.  The media and government and just about everyone has disappointed me. The fear mongering has been constant.  I’m feeling deeply betrayed. It’s such an easy temptation to go into self pity and curl up in a ball in bed.  I haven’t.
Each day I’ve showered. I’ve walked the dog now.  I needed a dog. A dog gets me out.  He gets me up.  I’m really blessed to have a dog. Madigan bites and pees and poops in puppy way still.  I believe in weeks or months when we can get outside without rain or snow the whole outdoor dog toilet thing will begin to happen.  The biting will stop. He’s a lovely little guy. So much enthusiasm.
Another big thing was the storage locker.  Reducing two storage lockers to one and giving away a ton of good stuff and digitalizing a couple of decades of medical files was an accomplishment.  
Isolation and masks and social distancing and hand washing and staying home.  Netflix and Satellite internet.  Video conferencing.  Reading. Some writing but not the projects I have plans for. 
Daily I’ve asked God for protection and guidance.  I’ve prayed for family, friends and patients. 
I’m glad my nephew, Alan is back in Canada with Meagan.
I’m excited that Anna is having another baby and little Willie is turning a year old.  So thankful the other good kids are well.
I lowered the bar on 2020.  I survived. I worked and I paid the taxes.  We are still in the midst of the corrupt American election and unconventional hybrid war of Communist China. 
 I’m hopeful. I force myself to be.  I have faith. I’m progressing. I don’t fear death.  Each day is a blessing. Madigan needs me. I live for my dog.  I don’t think adults need me.  I once thought I was important. I don’t anymore. I’m not sure what adventures I want to do. I meant to write books. I was planning on sailing the Atlantic. I wanted to fish pickerel and pike more. Hunt some more. Motorcycle.  Go camping. I love camping.  Lying on the couch reading or watching Netflix and camping and walking the dog are highlights of my existence. Drinking coffee. Sleeping too. Being in bed with Laura is good. I’ve had great dreams all year, hopeful positive dreams, dreams of the peninsula and meetings and the boat. 
2021 can be the year of dreams.  More camping.  More dog walking. More photography. More writing. More de cluttering my life. More focus on essentials.  Covid did that.  So much dross exposed.  
2021.
Thank you God for this life. Thank you God for all the blessings. Thank you for Jesus. Thank you for love and life and truth.  Thank you for being. I am ,that is who I am.  
May the long time sunshine always surround you and the pure light within you guide your way home
We are just walking each other home.













No comments: