Sunday, October 25, 2020

Another Day of Hunting

It’s a different career path. This hunting and harvest. I’m out here awake at 530 am, what the alter ego psychiatrist/theologian would think and ‘ungodly hour’ despite delivering babies at this time and earlier years past.  For a hundred thousand years or more man was conditioned to awake with dawn then Edison and Tesla brought us electric light and the world changed. Maybe candles was the revolution but today people are definitely responding to electricity and the miracle of anytime light.  Of course there was fire but that was definitely inconvenient and demanding.  
I’m making coffee. It’s shipped from Ethiopian.  I roast the beans at home and grind them here. I have a stainless steel mug I pour the espresso coffee machine into. I add pasteurized cream from the refridgerator and honey from a plastic squeeze container.  My stove is propane. I’m in this little house, called a camper, that can sit on the back of my powerful 4x4 Ford F-350 truck.  
It’s not raining or snowing this morning. Yesterday was a downpour of freezing sleet. I woke late and was in a pissy mood. I read FB with people I didn’t know attacking my character and competence and mental health for disagreeing with them. FB has confirmed that few read post secondary and Piaget was right about cognitive development. I didn’t read FB this morning.  I did listen to the Creed as my morning alarm. 
I Believe in God the Father, I believe in God the Son, I believe in the Holy  Spirit, My God is three in one.
I am wearing St. Patrick’s Cross I obtained in Ireland.  I have thought much of the Breast plate prayer this week.  I think much of Gilbert who has died a young old dog. I believe his back injury, heart disease and blindness were all his psychic protection of me.  He was a great companion dog, a hunting dog, therapy dog and warrior dog. I miss his presence in the truck on these hunts. He sat there totally engaged in the hunt and outside would be so excited. I talk to his spirit. He told me he was in heaven, that he could see, he was with my other dogs and they ran for miles. My father and brother were there throwing him ball and Mom was sneaking him treats.
I have missed several grouse and rabbits without his participation.  Today I hope to shoot a deer. I could even shoot a bear or an elk but its venison I’m wanting most.  I haven’t shot a deer in 4 years and miss my winter supply of venison stews I cook and freeze to reheat.  For decades I’ve had the joy of the harvest. That’s what this time is. Harvest time. The men and women are up early on the ranches as round up has begun.  While I’m looking for deer I see them bringing in the cattle.  
Time to move along.  We saw the giant pig they have as a pet here.  








No comments: