Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Wakening

I had wonderful dreams, this special place I’ve gone to in my sleep for years.  I have a truck there and my boat is there. There are mansions and lots of people. Almost reminiscent of San Fran in the late 60’s early 70’s.  It’s a kind of love in place without the drugs.  Dancing, talking, hanging out.  No bad behaviour in fact. I woke early from there this morning.  I checked to see if the cockapoo I’d asked about was still there.  It was gone. If you snooze you lose.  I’d balked at travel out of province when another person said they had puppies nearby.  I miss the little guy.  I remember him fighting his first big bird.  Gilbert versus the wounded Grouse.  I never thought about the epic match that first one was.  Later he was a grouse killer, often biting their butts to avoid them poking out his eyes.  Incredibly brave little dog.  I remember now the Springer Spaniel fighting in the water to subdue the wounded ducks we shot, my Dad, my brother and I.  The scale is the thing. These birds are small compared to me but my geese scare the beejesus out of one with their vicious beaks.  Now I’m looking for another dog. I don’t think I could send a toy poodle up against wounded chicken.  Lovely lap dogs but half the size of a cockapoo.  Laura is right, the family dog is a cockapoo now.  We’ve always had spaniels.  
My life is sedate now.  Routines.  Meals and work and sleep.  Television series or Netflix movies.  Downloaded books from Kindle or more recently loaned on line from the library.  
I am grateful.  Thank you Lord for all the blessings. Thank you for my health and home, family and friends. Thank you for these sunny days.  Thank you for all of your blessings. Watch over me and guide in all my activities, in my speech and actions.  Help me do and say what is right and necessary. Help me to serve today that I might be better today that I was yesterday in your eyes. Help me to grow in your image.



No comments: