Thursday, August 6, 2020

Thursday Morning, Dreams, and Rain

Woke up to my alarm. I have the Creed playing. It’s lovely to wake to our father. I am a spiritual being living a material existence. Dreams of family.  A family world I have in my dreams with the peninsula, the Greek like housing with balconies, the conference centre, marina, the sailboat, the river and rapids.  I sometimes visit the tea party, thousands of women. Easter with hats. I love these dreams. It’s hard to wake up.  
Last night after a long walk with Gilbert I watched the last Terminator movie.  Arnold was looking good, aging well.  Didn’t have such thoughts younger. After that I took the new to me Vespa for a ride. Found some scratches I’d not seen when I bought it.  It had been dropped on it’s side.  Now I won’t feel so badly when I do it.  Still very pretty.  What was a joy was taking it out at night and not waking the neighbourhood.  Certainly couldn’t do that with my Harley.  Had a great ride. All the way down to the wharf. I explored Lacuna street and the district of high rises. I’ve sometimes thought of getting an apartment by the train station. Then I remember the crazy neighbours and the elevator breaking down at my Beach suite.  I’m doing pretty good right now.  Then I have thoughts of a little bungalow like my first house but out in the valley. Again I think what I have is better. All that’s needed is a winter place in Arizona.  This home could go there and I’d then enjoy a home here.  I remember that dream back in the 70’s. Canada the perfect place for summer but the ideal would be to have a month or three in Mexico. I actually was learning Spanish with that it mind
It was raining when I woke.  After the glorious sunshine it was a surprise.  Took me a moment to account for the sound.  I really am not looking forward to winter rain and flu season. I liked that the vaccines may be ready.  Yet there’s such a shroud around Bill Gates.  This whole Covid trip has a truly unsavoury sense.  I don’t think it’s just media. 
 The same goes with the BLM and Antifida. They are the Nazi Brownshirts of today. Marxists only care about power. So it’s not about race.  It’s just their latest divide and conquer perpetual war strategy.  I wrote a poem as a teen called ‘blind mice’ about this. “You put the house against the mouse, the mouse against the cheese, you put everything against something and take anything you please.’  Now the Communist Chinese with their Democrat and Liberal allies are invading.  Big corporations backed Hitler.  Big money and Big War.  Hard not to be cynical.  Not only the young are naive.  
I’ve got it pretty good though.  Running clean water. Heat and air conditioning. Roof over my head. Clothing. Nice bed. Electricity and power. Refridgerator.  I’ve even a couple of generators, one portable one .  A few vehicles.  Truck, car, motorcycle. I’ve a yacht down east I forget about. I was planning on crossing the Atlantic but I’ve a truck and camper and motorcycle which I planned to tour the US with. There’s a favourite RV route down to Mexico and across to Florida and then up to Canada and back to here. I’ve thought I’d really like to do that.  The idea was to have satellite wifi and maintain a semblance of a practice while moseying from campground to campground, writing, xtaking pictures and visiting.  I loved Steinbach’s ‘Travels with Charley’.  
I’m very grateful. I’m here thinking of what I’d like to do in retirement and it’s not that much.  Travel about with a camper and a motorcycle for three months , maybe 6 months. Three months though is what I liked to travel when I bicycled across Europe.  After three months it seems like it’s own job.  Even sailing it was only three months going down the west coast then I ended up making home for three month in the Paz in the Sea of Cortez.  Others take year sabbaticals. I have three book projects, one psychiatric, one spiritual and one fun. I’d love to to be in that mental space where I could just wake up each day and write the novel.  In stead I write blogs. I used to write poetry.  One day. In the meantime I’m blessed. 
Gilbert and I both are in the end phase of life. The first 2 /3rds are past.  I had wanted to sail to Ireland and Scotland but fear that needs a crew.  I’m not sure I’m up to that level of organization and investment.  I’ll see. For now I dream of the US being a place to travel round in an RV. A circle of North America. Truly I’d love to go all the way south to the tip of South America but fear bandits.  Too much lawlessness and it doesn’t matter if I kill in self defence. The dead would be somebody’s cousin and the law is as corrupt as our government right now. I’d prefer to be in the US or Canada. Less corruption.  I liked sailing alone at sea knowing that the risk of pirates was low in the north and Central American waters.  I’d have loved to sail around the world.  Maybe.  Mostly I like driving and camping.
Now I have work.  I still feel useful. That’s important. The money pays the gas and that’s essential.  I don’t want to stop working especially this virtual. I do want Covid 19 to be over so I feel safe in a clinic or hospital. I don’t even like to linger at the store. I caught myself considering, looking at things, in that absent minded shopping way and realized it was Covid. I was here to get in and get out.  No lingering.  I feel safe outside. But with winter coming I”d certainly rather be south.  I trust the sun and outdoors.  
Hunting season coming and I look forward to that. Not as I once did. The world revolved around the wilderness and hunting.I’ve returned to that yuppie kind of guy who taught at university and liked wearing sports jackets and corduroy slacks and loafers.  I ‘m becoming less wild. I’d prefer to wear a skirt and jacket today. But the attraction of the easy, slow,  comfortable academic life calls. I’ve absolutely no desire to go days without a shower climbing mountains and hauling deer, I’d shot with a bow, out of the woods on my shoulders. I’ve done that. I don’t even want to fix engines any more. I’ve become what I considered to be effeminate and like it. I miss the world of dance and the glamor.  I am weary of the masculine tough it out and rough it life. I’d much rather feel clean and sit at a coffee shop outside and write a novel.  
I am thankful for my coffee. Thank you God for the adventures, all that have been, all that all and those to come. Thanks especially for the people and pets who have come along or been by my side.









No comments: