Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Alexis Hotel and Seatle

Gilbert and I decided to take a break from the sailboat in Vancouver winter. Seattle is always a great getaway. This time we chose the Alexis Hotel on 1st Avenue near the waterfront. Mostly it was advertised as dog friendly and walking distance to Pike Market and the surroundings. The staff were certainly dog friendly. Gilbert was welcomed by all with everyone petting him and calling him by name. There were lots of other guests with dogs and Gilbert cavorted with several as we passed through the lobby. Gilbert and I enjoyed the walking and shopping on Washington Avenue especially. Window shopping on a dog walk is a great variation to just walking the dog. I loved the raw silk shops, the vintage diva, the umbrella shop, the kilt shop, visiting nearby Nordstroms and Macy's, and while I Gilbert and I took the taxi to Trinity Episcapal Church on 8th at James we walked back in the rain sporting our new story umbrella from the Pike's Market speciality store. The night was lovely in the rain. The days walking along the harbour front were delightful too. Room service and the recent movies in the hotel was splendid. I did love Loopers, a great Bruce Willis action flick combining sci fi, mobsters and time travel. I had planned at first to come back for Christmas Eve but loved it so much I stayed a couple of days. Driving back and forth the 2 hours each way in the Mazda Miata was a dream as well. Border crossing time was 10 and 20 minutes. I wouldn't think the boxing days sales at Bellis Fair would make for such short crossing times. I really must renew my Nexus one of these days. AlexisgilbertAlexisSeattle4stairsSeattlegilbertSeattlepike2WomenseatleTrinityaltarGilbertStarbucksTrinityChristmasEveTrinityaltar

2 comments:

derekdulley said...

I like Gilbert glad he had a Merry Christmas

derekdulley said...

I like Gilbert glad he had a Merry Christmas