Sunday, April 21, 2024

Alpine Canyon RV Park, Boston Bar

Well, it’s bear season. I have actually got organized and am out here in the woods. Took all day yesterday to get here.  I am at the beautiful Alpine Canyon RV Camp site 2 miles north of Boston Bar. Was here last summer.  The trees are so serene here.  Incredibly peaceful and spiritual.  I enjoyed coming here last summer.  Stopped here several times in the past. Even left the RV here for weeks so we’d just come up on the weekend without any need for set up.  Love it.

Now I’ve had a great night. I love the trees.  Great dreams.  Love my camper.  Great sleep. Great dreams.  Madigan really happy here.  I was up at 6 and out on the quad with the guns at 7 am.  Unfortunately Ainsley Road is closed and an avalanche has put too many big rocks on the trail.  I could still walk it and probably with some more work I could get sufficinct trail width to get through the bottleneck.  But as usual these years I decided it was too much work for me and instead turned around and came back to camp.  Coffee time.  I’d done an hour of hunting though had packed lunch and expected to ber out all day.  That trail leads over the mountain. In the next valley in the past I’d seen deer and bear.  I can get into that valley by a road south of Boston Bar but I’ve decided I’d rather have coffee and read a book.  It’s warming up and I have the lawnchair outside.

I talked with a couple of young guys who were out bear hunting with their truck.  Nice guys.  Joking about the raven letting the bear known where all the hunters are.  

I texted Laura who is dog and house sitting.  She used to enjoy camping here with us.  It was one of her favourite spots because of the canopy of trees.

I’m unable to connect with Starlink and forgot to get the password for the RV park wifi. I’ll do that in a bit.  My Starlink is working a bit but too many obstructions for streaming.  Texting is fine. 


















No comments: