Saturday, September 26, 2020

Havana on Commercial

I dropped my Vespa 300 Touring at Vespa Metro Service to fix the tail light I’d banged against the Osprey Lake picnic table. It was spitting on my ride into town and still threatens to rain. I walked up Hastings to Commercial enjoying the exercise.
Yolks and Red Wagon, popular Vancouver breakfast spots already had line ups. I was thankful to get a veranda seat at Havanna’s.  It’s one of the great Vancouver restaurants. I’ve definitely enjoyed brunch here often over the years, people watching on the Drive, meeting with friends.  When I was younger and actually dined out a lot this was one of my favourite places for food and ambience.  It’s very uptown downtown Commercial
My Chorizo Hash has arrived and it looks delicious, smells delicious and I’m sure will taste delicious. 

That was perfect.  Hot but not too hoot. The waitress, Brittney, was terrific too. Never once asked me, any question, when my mouth was full.  Offered more coffee.  Wearing a mask in Covid but speaking up for my old ears.  Background music, just the right volume and not offensive. Not Handel or Bach.  More disco but still brunch appropriate. I actually didn’t notice it till I finished my Chorizo with poached eggs.  I was simply relishing the delicious meal. Not my own cooking. Such a change with Covid having closed the restaurants.  Going out to eat now, with less crowding and the lingering novelty is such a delight.

Havana is again the best. What a great culinary experience!  What wonderful service and marvellous ambience.  Enjoyed the other diner’s too. The ever special Commercial Drive experience.






No comments: