Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Maverick Truck Camper Chronicles - Canada Day Afternoon

It’s been a whirlwind of activity today.  Canada Day.  I walked Gilbert this morning. I recall I wrote something.  I shaved.  Gilbert and I did the expedition to the outhouse 5 minutes walk up the hill.
Sometime in the morning I fried onion and mixed eggs and cream to create a scrambled egg sandwich that was so delicious.  I even did the dishes, though mostly we used paper plates.  I burnt the garbage in the pit too.  
I read a lot. The Nial Ferguson book on networks and Cry of the Fish Eagle, the novel about Rhodesia.  I put out the mat carpet, nylon water proof and moved the reclining chairs to it.  The pace picked up.  The sun came out. 
I napped and read and napped and read.  Laura did much the same.  The river was beautiful.  Great view.  
I tried to get the propane refrigerator lit but failed. It ran fine on the generator. I charged the Mac and the Ipad and IPhone and I watch.  I love my Honda 2000 generator. I went back to napping and reading after that. 
 I made bacon sandwiches around 2.  The lady came by to collect the $6 a night to stay.  Laura was undressing inside at the time.  Lovely person, talked  of fishing and her husband’s hunting, last year’s floods and fires effects on the game patterns.  
Laura walked Gilbert. I read and napped.  A bald eagle chase by crows circled above the river.
It was a whirlwind of a day.  
I tried fishing from the shore. After casting a dozen or more times,  I got bored and stopped when I lost a hook.  
Now I’m reading in the camper. The wind had become cold. 
Laura and Gilbert are up in the loft bed. I”m drinking tea.  Life is just too pressured.  
I thought to bicycle today but there wasn’t any time. I was way too busy. Now I don’t know whether to have salads and roast beef sandwiches later or barbecue pork chops. I think I’ll build a fire and have pork chops tomorrow night. There’s just too many decisions.  
This record keeping it way too much. I’m going back to reading and finish my tea.  It’s Canada Day.  I’m experiencing Canada way more here than at some generic fireworks.  
This here is Canada.  Real Canada. Unique outdoor Canada.  
Wilderness in a camper van.  With a dog. And a girl.








No comments: