Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Spring

I woke up in a really good mood. I’d had wonderful dreams of a heavenly place I just couldn’t quite remember. Madigan, my cockapoo puppy, was curled up beside me on the bed, waking with me, ready to play. My home was warm. I love the range of things and mementos I have. Pictures on walls that mean so much to me. Fresh clothes. I did the wash in my home with my in home washer driver. I used the toilet. Indoor plumbing, hot and cold water. 
Then I threw on my Scottish red flannel night coat and slippers to take Madigan out for a pee. He’s not lifting his leg yet. He’s shifted his body weight to three points but just hasn’t lifted the leg. 6 month old. He just got his tick and flea med from his vet Dr Biernacki at North Road Animal Hospital. The sun was shining. Blue sky. Fresh air. Light breeze. Having had his pee, Madigan scooted up the stairs inside with me following. 
I sat cross legged on the floor. Madigan has taken this as a time for him to be petted. He has a toy or bone in his mouth, he walks back and forth in front of me while I pet his back and head. I am there to give thanks and pray. I give God thanks for Madigan.I lift him aside and focus on prayer.
The Lord’s Prayer. Some of Yogananda’s prayers. As he thanks his teacher today like some days I go through a long list starting with my family and then my teachers. I’m always uplifted thinking of Dr. Carl Ridd. I give thanks to the great men and women of my life. Those whose guidance, love and care meant so much to me. Dr. Bernie. Dr. Hank. Dr.George. Dr.John meant so much to me. But there are so many great living teachers I know today, Willie, Phillip, James, Shirley, Peter, Hugh, Art, Cheryl, so many wise friends and mentors. I let the names roll through my mind, annoyed at all those I list first one day and next another.imkeepmremembering more and more. how blessed! There’s the incredible list of friends, Kirk and Wes, Glenn and Frank, and all the glorious ex wives and lovers, Kathy, Nina, Baiba, Maureen, Sherrie, Anne, Stephanie, and Laura. These beautiful people whose intimacy and love have helped me along the journey for years. Now I’ve Peter, Bee, Lydia, Karen, Dave and Mack,Mary Lou, Gary, George, Dean, Emily and so many more. All these extraordinary gifted accomplished folk who have come close in work and friendship and as neighbours and just others we walk our dogs together with. I sit as the names roll through my mind and give thanks to the incredible blessing of knowing such remarkable people. Then I quote St Patricks’s BreastPlate prayer and ask for help. I’ve been blessed to work with tens of thousands of patients some for a few visits others decades. I ask for guidance. I pray for wisdom and peace and bliss. I give thanks for a lifetime journey with Christ, with Jesus. God within. God will come again. Yahway, the great I am. 
I then do stretches and sit ups and push Madigan away because he’s waited patiently but now thinks it’s his time again to play. But I stand stiffly still feeling my weight and move onto making an Ethiopian Expresso coffee. The aroma takes me back to my time there among the Coptic Christians, those deeply loving people. 
I take an energy bar from the cupboard. With coffee and the mint bar I sit on the couch, Madigan immediately on my lap ready to beg for a crumb from my protein bar. I’ve put out some wet food for him and watered the Christmas cactus. Now sipping delicious coffee, from the ancient original source, I begin the task of going through a deluge of emails then enjoy the friends postings on Facebook, the pictures of beautiful women, cuddly pets, political insights, uplifting saying, spring flowers and reminiscences. 
I’m here now. I’ve realized I’ve not blogged for a while since my iPad keypad 't' key came loose. I’ve yet to find someone to repair it or another keyboard. Another task on the list. But I’ve now done this blog with two fingers mostly so I can add some recent pictures of Madigan and the spring flowers we see these days on our walks. Thank you God for all your blessings.

















No comments: