Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Lockdowns, Masks and Vaccines

Lockdowns and masks and social distancing continue. I remember when Covid began and Rollings Stones put out the song, “Living in a Ghost Town.”  It’s much better now. Lots of breakthroughs in treatment.  We’re in the so called 3rd wave with ripples likely to continue. The first was was about the lack of resources in health care caused by the failure of Canada to fund the health care system.  Trudeau has been stealing taxes for pet projects and the cost is in the lockdowns, vaccine delays and massive national government mismanagement. Mostly the provinces have been trying to mitigate the catastrophes created by Ottawa.  
I have my Psiezer Vaccine.  I feel further ahead. 90% efficacy keeping one out of hospital.  The Cochran’s reviews still question hydroxychloroquine but not it’s potential for prevention. I was interested in the selection of studies too which leave Cochrane studies open for selection bias.  No comment on the false data base in the Lancet reviews so still political. There is hope.  I just don’t like the politics of church closure and draconian government control of individuals based on at best pseudoscience regarding politically biased lockdowns. The economics continue to show that Communist China is benefitting from a virus that spilled from the Wuhan Labs.  When will they pay the billions in reparations they owe the world. 
I like the sun.  I like the blue sky. I’m thankful for each day. I feel grateful that I’m not falling behind whatever that means but I’m not going forward either. I’m holding my own.  I’m working twice as hard to get less done. There’s despair in the air. Daily I hear and see the sadness, anger, boredom and futility.  I carry on. I pray for relief.  I look forward to camping.  Camping is my personal antidote. I know there are those who look forward to dance and music concerts. Perhaps this summer there will be outdoor concerts. I look forward to meetings and church.  
I enjoyed my monthly doctors meeting on zoom.  
Laura is over this week, working from home, her boss away from the office.  It’s been good to have company.
I’ve enjoyed talking with Raju in Calgary.  
I loved hearing from Andrew that Tanya is pregnant and another nephew is en route.  Allan and Graeme are well. Meghan’s well. All is good. Laura and I are happy that families are healthy.  The bar of expectation is lowered.
Madigan is making puppy steps forward. Pooping outdoors is a celebration for us. More pees and more poops outdoors. The right direction. 
I’ve been barbecueing and making roasts. I got a baby fryer and have had the pleasure of making fries. Yesterday I brought home White Spot halibut and fries a change from the routine.
Each day I walk Madigan along the river trail.  I do the runs to the post office on the Vespa.  
Time to settle in for work.  Video is fine but the phone calls are wearing. 
Thank you Christ for salvation.  Thank you God for the light.
  







No comments: