Thursday, March 4, 2021

Morning Thursday

Madigan walk was very pleasant today. I saw a buffle duck on the river. The cedar and fir was greener with spring. The air was fresh. Blue sky and sunshine. A robin stood on a bush near the path chirping. Madigan pooped. 
Then he was keen to get back to Laura whose been off work this week and staying with us. She spoils him with treats.  I’m happy with the company. 
I thought this is the first day of a new year. My birthday was full of greetings and I was thankful for the people I know. I feel isolated then realize I’m part of a community despite lockdown.  I found myself thinking of travel. Wanting to return to Ireland, Italy, Ethiopia, Israel, St. Petersburg, Turkey. I even thought I’d like to go to Paris for the Louvre. I was there once but didn’t want to wait in line so instead went to the Eiffel Tower. Now I love Museums and art galleries and long to return to New York to see the Klimt again.  I just loved the Winter Palace and the Rembrandt.  
The lockdowns and the restrictions on travel have had me desiring that which I almost took for granted.  The limitation on travel was money and desire. Mostly I like to go camping. I’ve invested a fortune to live like a homeless person.  This year a new quad and a new puppy are the exciting draw.

I talked with a beautiful young Chinese girl who had graduated her Bachelors in Travel and Hotel. 
« Like getting a Water assessment degree in the middle of a desert, » I said. 
She sadly said, ‘yes, that’ why I’m still working at the market.’  
‘Things are opening up, » I said. « Cruise ships booking.  Taiwan restoring business travel.  Texas and Mississippi dropping restrictions.  Your degree will land you a great job.Soon everyone will be wanting to travel this year and next. I wanted to go to Aberdeen this year and had to cancel conferences. Laura and I would love to go to Venice. »
 She laughed.  Hopeful.

So many young people hit by lay offs and the economy set back. Trudeau completely self absorbed and irresponsibly not ensuring vaccines in a timely way.  We’re 6 months behind in getting vaccines.  Our economy is staggering under the stupidity of Trudeau while thankful Mr. Horgan and Mr. Dix locally have been doing a magnificent job despite the national failure.

I’m hoping the churches will open. I did enjoy the judge saying he couldn’t comprehend how Dr. Bonnie Henry could think an hour or two in the pub watching a game and having a couple of pints was any more safe than attending communion. He’s right. She’s wrong. This whole covid debacle politically has been a communist religion of aetheism attack on Christians and Buddhists and Jews and Hindus.  Sex stores , pot shops, gambling vendors and booze services are all open and called ‘essential’ but place of faith are closed. That’s communist thinking. Communism is the religion of aetheism.  I’m a theist. I believe in God. L’Chaim. Life is good. The good is God . 

Communism worships the STATE.  There is no truth in Satan. There is no truth in addiction. The multicultural postmodern world is a subjective state of power. Truth  is subsumed by the bully.  I like truth.  I like love and compassion. I don’t like drugs and booze.  

I’m blessed to have a home, indoor plumbing, electricity, running water, hot and cold. I rode the Vespa to get the mail yesterday and to drop off letters for the clinics and pharmacists.  It’s a joy to be able to ride a motorcycle all year. I think of the east and wonder about losing that.  I wouldn’t mind ski doing again though. I like vehicles. I’m probably a kid that way. Cycling was my joy as a child and to this day I love wheels.

Motion. 

I mediated this morning. It was good. Seeking God within.  Holy Spirit come.  

Madigan takes my sitting on the floor as his que to get a back rub. Before I can do exercises I have to thoroughly pet him. What a little cuddle bug! He sleeps in the bed beside me or between Laura and I or by her. It’s like he apportions the night to get a share of us all.  

Thank you Jesus for this day. Thank you for all your blessings.


Pictures taken with my iphone







No comments: