Friday, January 24, 2020

Vancouver Motorcycle Show, Tradex, 2020

Incredible show.  All the best of the motorcycles, quads, scooters and accessories BC has to offer in one big Abbotsford Tradex location. I love coming back each year. This year I met up with Victor and Tim. Previous years Laura has accompanied me along with others.  
This year Murray had hoped to come but couldn’t make it Friday.  “I have a work shift I need to take so I have the money to pay my motorcycle Insurance.”  Motorcycle insurance cost are appalling. If Climate Change was serious business then the government who actually claimed to care about the environment they’d not punish us with carbon tax and gouging insurance costs.   An enlightened age would see motorcyclists subsidized.      
Buddha said, Desire is the source of all suffering.  I really suffer at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show. Sweet misery!
Two years ago I was ready to trade my Harley Davidson Electroglide in for the HD Street Glide. Last year , fickle, I loved the big tired cruising and styling Fat Boy. This year I’m back to the Street Glide. I drooedl and got shivers up my spine when I sat on it.  Low to the ground. I felt the wind in  my hair.  Sitting there  I riding down the highway listening to the Doobie Brothers and Steppenwolf.   
I was styling. Really.  I had my heavily weight down Harley Davidson Owner’s Group leather vest with pins from my Ride for Dad and various other fund raisers and poker runs over the years.  I had my  Christian Rider’s Cross and  Dr. Bob patch.Under it I had on my Sturges North Hoodie.  Under that I had a 2013 Sturges Black Hills Rally t shirt.  On top I had a black togue, like Edge wears but mine has a discrete little HD logo. I am so cool I’m hot.    
The trouble with Tradex is they don’t allow dogs.   Gilbert rides with me, stylin his HD leash and collar with his black leather jacket.  I know everyone would have been looking at me if if it wasn’t for all the utterly bodacious babes  in leather bodices and tight tights.  Mamma! Biker babes are over the top.  While many were trying out the bitch seat a whole lot more were checking out the rides for themselbves.  
I have a KTM 690 enduro. The KTM 790 Adventure just teases me.  The KTM 690 is perfect but that doesn’t mean I can’t look.  I even sat on the 790 Adventurer. It felt so good.   
I got the new God child Harley Davidson baby clothes.   
The Norton was on display. British Bike Owners club. My first bike was a Norton.  I crashed it my first ride so didn’t ride motorcycles for a decade after that. My Honda Ruckus , the greatest of 50 cc Scooters was there. I have to resist getting one. I’ve had two over the years and they’re just the best fun. Laura had one too.  Tha great Italian Aprilia’s were there. I loved my Aprillia. I sat on a red Vespa just for the memory of Laura and I whizzing all over Rome.  We drove all over on that rented Vespa searching out relics of saints.  We prayed at each ciurch admiring the architecture, rlinguary art and just thankful to be at each hallowed place.
I enjoyed seeing the fabulous Yamaha’s and Honda’s.  I have a couple in my day. I will always remember riding on the back of my older brothers Yamaha when I was a kid.  He was so cool.  The Can Am spyders were there. I remembr riding with a girl and her parents in northern Montana. We had Harleys but she was wild and crazy loving her Spyder.  There was even a ski doo at the show.   Harley’s new Live Wire electric motorccyle was selling.  Other electric scooters were too.  Mostly it was still a glorious fuel efficient machines. BMW’s, Ducattis, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Indians and Royal Enfields. They are all so different.  Each is unique. I’ve had so much joy riding motorcycles. My friend Dave calls it, Wind Therapy.
I didn’t buy a bike but I did get more swag. There’s always such great deals at the Motorcycle show. 
I was having my favourite hot dog and americano when Victor found me. He’d bought another leather jacket. “I don’t need it.”  “I know’, I said showing him the armoured gloves I’d bought and didn’t need.   Tim from Old  Motorcycle was with him. He introduced me also to his neighbour whose with Mountainview HD. I’d already talked to him about the Streert Glide. I liked that all the Harley dealerships were in one area,  I could talked with the great guys from Kamloops Barnes and Langley Barnes, Trev Deeley and Mountainview.  
The new bikes were all round incredible. Something about the new sleekness of design and colours.  
Talking bikes with a variety of guys was funtoo. talking hunting was fun too. And talking wives and girlfriends.  All round a great day.


























No comments: