Sunday, October 6, 2019

Vancouver Motorcycle Toy Run with Gilbert 2019

We’ve been doing this for years. Gilbert, the biker cockapoo!    Coquitlam Centre Rallying point 930 am.  Lots of bikes. Good vibes. I had Doobie Brother’s ‘Without Love, Where would we be now! ‘ playing on my HD Electroglide Stereo.
 We rode out in staggered formation. Lots of different bikes, even some scooters.  Kids waving with parents as we drove down the road two by two. Gilbert unable to see but sniffing the winds, hearing the pipes.
I love Barnett Highway for motorcycling then down Hastings and  onto PNE.  Sunny day with clouds. No rain. No snow. A bit nippy.  Perfect for motorcycling.  I’d forgotten a children’s gift so gave a money gift instead.  Got my participation medal.  My original vest got so heavy with metal I got a new one and don’t add weight to it.  This is a nice one. I’ll put it up somewhere. I wish they’d give out fridge magnets for participation.  41st Annual Vancouver Motorcycle Toy Run 2019.  
I bought a t shirt. I have to get a T-shirt.  I could clothe a village in T shirts from rides, places I’ve been and conferences. 
I carried Gilbert inside the PNE. Too many big bikers.  Back in the parking lot I could tell he felt safer in his carrying box.  
Leaving I thought we’d drop in at Trev Deely. Everyone else thought the same.  The Bikers Against Child Abuse were holding a fry.  I got a barbecued burger and sat in the sun with Gilbert.  Life is good. 
Now we’re home. Great morning. I’m exhausted.  Nap time.   Getting near the end of Harley Davidson motorcycle season for me.
What a great year for motorcycling. Thank you Lord for keeping me safe and for all the excitement and adventure of riding this glorious big bike. Thanks for Gilbert too. He’s a great biker dog and companion.




















No comments: