Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Gratitude Tuesday

Thank you Lord for Starfleet RV Repairs. I woke to my cat fussing beside me and the dog restless. The air was so chill were it not dark I might have seen my breath. I checked the stove to find the propane was out.  So dressing in slippers and coat I changed the propane tank and climbed back in bed.  The cat and dog stayed in bed with me.  In the morning though I had heat for coffee and hot water for showering the furnace didn’t fire. I tried all I knew, just as I had a few years ago.  Sometimes air gets in the propane lines so you bleed them by running the propane in the stove and recycling the furnace heater.  No luck. That’s all worked before except that one time in the past and now this time. Thank God for Eric at Starfleet RV Repairs. I have the poor fellow on speed dial.  Telling him my problem I went off to work not worried I’d return to a cold and miserable night.

When I lived on the boat I’d have no such saviour.  I’d have these heat problems in winter and have to wait until he weekend when I could fix them myself.  I’d have electrical outage, water shortages, propane problems. At the time it was a bit of an adventure. Going to work smelling of diesel and sometimes without sleep and cranky, showering at the office, getting my first coffee at MacDonald’s, was a challenge. Looking back I can’t imaging how I managed the home front and did the 120 hour work week running a business and managing large clinical practice. I keep thinking I was young.
Today I’m so thankful for Eric and Starfleet RV Repairs. Not only that I have Dave, and Rick and Mack as competent friends in the park with lots of advice and solutions. I had that too in the yacht world but it was a steep learning curve.  Thanks to that world the RV world is much less painful.
Today I woke to heat. Neither the dog or cat fussed in the night. The minute the alarm went off the dog was woofing and the cat was running around my legs hoping to trip me and eat my dead body.  I made my own coffee.  I love my stove top expresso machine.  I love the honey and the cream. I love the Harley Davidson mug. I love my refrigerator. I had marvellous fresh bread and peanut butter and eggs I’d boiled yesterday. Yoghurt and vitamins. I fed the dog and cat their ‘wet’ food. I changed their water then I sat on my couch, my glorious couch, looking out the large slide window at the thin line of pink dawn sky.  I love heat.  I read my emails and Facebook.

The fellow who was threatening to kill me last year had stopped sending vulgar emails after the police called to say he was threatening the prime minister. I had a few months reprieve. He’s started up again. He’s always changing he email address.It’s a reminder daily how impotent the police are today and how powerful the criminals have become. And our government says ‘trust us  we’re the government”, don’t lock your doors, don’t have a base ball bat (and glove) by your bed, know that if you pepper spray someone in your house Justin Trudeau personally will visit him and apologize to him for dinosaurs like me. I hate that I am despised by my own government and can’t defend myself while Justin Trudeau surrounds himself with walls and dozens of men armed to the teeth, just like a Mexican drug pusher.  I on the other hand wake to more threats and can’t even retaliate and frankly there is no place to hide.  Canada is a criminal country. ISIS terrorists are welcomed back to Canada and compensated for their loss. Killer Kadir is paid $10 million dollars and ‘scab voters’ ranges the city taking millions of welfare and health care dollars creating longer and longer waitlists and bankrupting the country so that none of the middle class will have a pension or time off for good behaviour, 40 years of working in Canada and giving 50 to 75% of earned income to the government who then gives it to their criminal cronies.  Quebec flourishes under the liberals and the Huffington Post girls of Toronto sound more and more shrill as they scream safe place and hate speech 24/7 .

It’s good I have heat. I am really thankful for heat. I love the running water. My missionary friend back from the Sudan talks about the lack of water for the Christian children whose parents were killed in the latest jihad.  I look forward to seeing her.  In contrast to the silly Canadian women of Toronto and Montreal she is off in Africa facing bullets and saving little children from starvation. I’m thankful for such friends.  They give perspective.
So today I drove my British Racing Green Mini to work with my wonderful blind Dog Gilbert and am thankful to be alive.  It’s a good day. I can always find things to complain about but there’s heat in my home, my car is running smoothly, my dog is well, we’re walking, I have worthwhile work to go to and the commute wasn’t delayed by bad drivers and insensitive construction.  All is well God is good.
Thank you.

It’s Tuesday.  Another day. Another dollar as they said in my child hood. Another day, one day closer to the celebration of the birth of Jesus. I love the choirs singing caroles. I love watching and hearing my friend Ben Nuttall-Smith, Christmas story the Shawl on You Tube. I loved hearing Pentonix. And I loved listening to 5 minute History of the Church on the way to work learning about St. Basil and St. Nicholas of Cappadoecaian and the Baptist Spurgeon.  What a great day. I’ll bet I even get another coffee later.
Now I must see a patient. Thank you for the knowledge to be of service.

No comments: