In the morning when I was all set to leave for Ford the Slide didn’t come in.
I did the check list of things that are listed to check on the panel. I had the brake set and the ignition on. I’d leveled the Thor when I set it up. The C hassis battery said I had more power than need. 13.2 Volts. Nothing.
The fellow at service took me through the list and noted that the slide motors were not engaging. He then recommended I look underneath at the slide controller and see if the lights weren’t on. They weren’t. He said he could send out his mobile service then because there was nothing more I could do with him on the phone.
On my own later I looked at the slide controller unit and found some wires disconnected and firuged that was the problem but I wasn’t sure which wire connected where and didn’t want to wing it as the tech was coming anyway. Dams rebooked my visit a week later and were gracious ‘these things happen.’
8 am Monday morning Nick Jansen this sharp young man arrived and greeted my dog who as usual thought the visit had come to play with him. He was ready to have his little duck thrown for fetch and disappointed Nick and I proceeded through the checklist. Nick checked the main power switch for the battery at the stairs. He turned the ignition a couple of times.
He showed me that the panel had a host of information that I ‘d not known. There;’s a locked and un locked feature for the bunk, awning and slide.
Under the slide in the last storage area he said, “Yes those wires should not be disconnected.” He then reconnected them and tested the voltages and ensure the controller was powered.” Then he proceeded through the original checklist but the slide remained locked. The bunk and awning now had power though. He checked the fuse box and showed me that the fuse for the awning was good still. Then he returned to the panel.
The power said 13.2 but he turned on the generator which in a minute brought the power up to 14.
The little symbol for the slide ‘unlocked.’ He tested it and it now moved back and forth. Bringing it all the way in he looked over his accomplishment and then put it all the way out checking it then on the outside.
What a feeling!!!
My slide was working. I’d learned a whole lot more about my Thor and I was free. Nick tidied up and threw the duck for Madigan who was just pleased we were focussed on the priority. Fun.
Thanks to Nick and Traveland I was agin mobile. Before leaving he used ties to ensure the wires from the controller were secured along the wall and not at risk of being caught when I was pulling things out of storage.
I was very thankful and so appreciative of Nick’s technician training and knowledge. He told me a couple of more things “I learned at school’ about electrocinics, maintenance and prevention. God tips.
He was gone just after 9 and I was able to get to my work thiankful I had learned so much and this had happened here in Burnaby near Langly, Traveland’s base.

No comments:
Post a Comment