“Rack Attack” he said, “That’s the best place to get a bicycle rack.’
He would know so I called Rack Attack Coquitlam on Blue Mountain Streeet by #1 near the IKEA store. Ipoke with Jerry. We discussed my concerns over the phone. I was impressed with his knowledge and choices.
Next day I drove into their shop. I had my jeep. I told him I didn’t want to be lifting onto the roof . I showed him a picture of the 29 foot Thor Hurricane with the Excalibur hitch attach between it and the Jeep Wagner that H&E hitch had installed.
“It could got above the hitch but I think it would be best behind the Jeep.” Jerry said. He was looking through the computer at the various combinations.
“I didn’t want to lose the use of the back gate as that’s’ where I put my shopping especially weekly groceries.”I said,
He showed me a couple of swing hitches which would open with the opening of the gate.
Definitely skookum.
The carrier itself was state of the art. I could see what my colleague Gary liked them. He has bicycles that cost as much as my motorcycles so he really wants something safe and sturdy.
Jerry had the swing bar and carrier in stock
I paid the few thousand for the set up.
It really wasn’t that much more than the carrier I’d had for my motorcycles but this was really well made by comparison.
They did the installation in the back giving me time to take Madigan for a half hour walk in the nearby park.
When I saw it on the jeep it was perfect. Everything had a lock too.
Madigan liked it and I could see he want to pee on it to make it his.
“You can’t do that in the garage. You’ll have to wait till we’re parked in our parking lot.”
Given I really like my Jeep I was thankful this rack didn’t detract from the appearance. Vanity. While I was there a very sporty young lady drove in with her new Range Rover and had a 4 bike bike rack at the rear of her car. I felt i was definitely in the healthy athletic set and tried to pull in my gut.
“Where would you recommend I get an e bike around here, I’ve had several but the last one was a company that went out of business and the battery couldn’t be replaced. I’d like something where that wouldn’t happen.”I asked
“I’d try Trek Burnaby or Citi-bikes. They sell the most dependable stocks that have been around for years.”
I really thank Jerry at Rack Attack and made a plan to make my next stop Trekj.

No comments:
Post a Comment