Monday, July 20, 2026

Burnaby Journal, Monday , July 20, 2026

I took my Jeep into Journey Jeep.  It was my 4th visit since the little dashboard light came on saying the Circle A with exclamation mark was not happy.  There was a recall part install first then a new battery and then another little battery replaced and finally the door electronics were reviewed a second time. The problem in the end was the car sensing when the door closed and opened. I’m just thankful not to see the warning light.  It’s very positive.
Then the really big event was Madigan’s grooming. I had to give him Trazodone and Gabapentin at night and then in the morning.  I can only get him to take pills with vanilla ice cream.  I’m anxious when he’s at Dr. Biernecki North Shore Vets but that’s only because I’m anxious about anaeszthesia.  Every time he gets groomed he does well. Laura had come over a day early so was there Thursday afternoon when we picked him up. He was more growly than usual and acted a bit stoned that evening.  Friday morning he was well.  They said he was a little overweight.  Me too.  The stout crew. 
Laura likes to eat and rest and read and watch tv . So that’s what we did  I barbecued steak and made a bacon sandwiches and ham cold cut sandwiches. We had the chilli I’d made and frozen and I even made and omelette.  WE had a burger I barbecued on white bread.  We didn’t get out o White Spors or order in Me & Eds Just an at home weekend I did some work but not much..   
I finished reading a Louis L’Amour western and China Gordon biography.  We watched the new Rookie Series in the even.  We walked Madigan and celebrated when he pooped.  We talked with Mack and Shane, Helena, and Ernest.  Not very social and superficially so.. I did the Saturday doctor recovery zoom meeting.  I swam a couple of times and sat for a bit in the hot tub.
Not too busy. Not too shabby.  
There’s so much I could have done.  I’ve the storage locker to reduce.  I’ve an e bike and swing hitch I need to find .  I was paid so was able to manage the bank and pay the Tax Free and credit cards.  
I carried on.
I read and slept.
I was comfortable in family, Madigan Laura and I.  
The wars continue in Iran and Ukraine.
The big event this week is taking the Thor to the Ford for maintenance.  All is well except the forward HVAC has not worked since I bought it.  They didn’t have a part and said hat the part was no longer available.  It’s only a few years old but the generator and Thor A/C will work alternatively .  I sometimes think it may need to be fixed in Yuma.  For me to take in the Thor I have to stow and bring in the slide.  II stuggle with that a bit. Like weighing anchor and docking.  It’s a challenge but I’m gettin better at it.  
Now I’ve had a coffee but feel like a nap.  Laura left this morning so Madigan and I were up at 530 and saw her off at 6 am We are blessed by her visits.  So kind.

I still don’t know what I’m going to do when I grow up.  This years big challenge was to add the hitch and Jeep to the Thor. The test will be the drive south this Winter.  It’s a long haul. Laura is jointing me at Palm Springs and there’s FOY Bombay Beach and Algadones and Yuma. I’m looking forward to having the jeep with me.  

I’ve felt the outsider again and realize that the most distinguishing feature is lack of children.  Raising children has been the primary activity besides work of most I know.  

Thank you God for this day. Thank you for this weekend. Thank you for Madigan and Laura, my family and friends, my work and patients and associates . Help me to be of service. 

Thank you for George. He takes his 50 year cake in a couple of days.  Thank you for Sobriety, AA and the church. Thank you for educations and learning.  

Thank you Jesus.  








No comments: