Sunday, September 22, 2019

Rainy Sunday, Autumn, Vancouver

I’m really feeling guilty. I’ve missed the Oyster Motorcycle Run to Anacortes. I’ve missed church. I’ve missed a birthday party. I just walked Gilbert only because that’s his bathroom break. All I’ve done is have a long enjoyable breakfast with eggs and scones and delicious coffee. Then I’ve read Facebook and engaged in silly political discussions just for the heck of it. Mostly I’ve lain on the couch. I’ve texted with Laura who is doing the same. I did shower and shave. That was an achievement.
I always long for days off and have these visions of all the things I’ll do. Like defrost the fridge, shake out the rugs, know God, teleport myself to another galaxy, reincarnate to a more sensible and intelligent host with younger body, leap tall buildings, invent a cure for cancer, be rich and famous and even as as bimbo like Trudeau get to fly about talking nonsense and getting paid wearing pretty socks with penis engravings on them.  As a feminist why would he wear penis socks?
Now I’ve meditated. I listened to my breathing. I invited God into my life and said I’d do his will but even that didn’t motivate me. My friend says I’m probably overworked and need some down time. I’m always overworked and need down time but I’m not ready to retire. 
All I really want to do right now is drive across Canada in my truck with my camper, visit relatives and sail my boat to the Atlantic Ocean. But I’ve got a better plan to visit India where I’m attending a medical conference.  Generally I’m enjoying this life well enough and not so stressed as to have it impact my aging health so negatively that I must leave for my sanity. I have to wait for next summer to free my landlocked boar. 
I fear for the future but then I’m living in today and know that is just insaneity to be out there worrying about what I can’t control, it’s even inviting negativity so I must be grateful for what I have. Which I am.
Except for the rain.  I did get to use my Starry Nights umbrella I bought at the Vancouver Gift Store when I walked Gilbert. 
 I need to get Molly Maid here and I’ve got to make some progress getting rid of stuff in my storage locker. There’s just too much ‘good stuff’ and I really don’t like ‘sorting’ the good from the bad.  So much needs to go. I talked with the digital file folk. I’m looking forward to the Starfleet RV coming but I screwed up and lost the specs I needed for the improvements.  I look at my office and think of moving when all I need to do, to avoid pouring gas on it and setting it on fire, is to tidy the clutter.  
It’s hunting season and I’d normally be out trekking about the woods but I’m actually leaning more to the Egyptian fans, lounge and half naked ladies feeding me grapes.  I want a barge and an empire and don’t desire slogging about in the rain looking to harvest some wild animal. Now I will regret not doing that come winter when I love venison chilli so I’m betwixt and between.  
I’ve just got the makings out of the freezer for barbecue or stew. I’ve a rabbit there too. I didn’t know I had a grouse from last winter. The rabbit is from spring. I must eat these up sooner.  Gilbert likes when I forget things since he gets the freezer burn bits. I microwave them and he thinks they’re just fine.  My hunting buddy is the sort that would drink out of the toilet if I didn’t give him clean water. He’s not fuzzy and not easily offended.
Meanwhile I’m thinking I’ll read. 
I’reading this novel about the US splitting into Red and Blue states.  A what would the world be like if Hillary won the election.  Kind of like those what if Hitler had won the war series.  So far its playing out with the urban coastal masses attacking the rural town folk. Interesting since it’s got a little of the Civil War, North and South going but the industrial base of the coastal urban centres is counteracted by the crime and gangs and political correctness.  There’s been no all out war but and ‘foreign policy’ is on hold.  It’s a bit like the division that occurred with the Bolsheviks and Mensheviks too, the left being blood crazy and without any scruples so Lenin, murdering the czar and any competitor succeeded.  There’s that going on in the novel too.  I prefer as simple western but there’s a whole great philosophical and theological discussion in this. There’s good and bad on both sides. 

I was called an “old white guy’ today.  It’s the new slur.  I’m dispensable. The left who celebrates ‘diversity’ exclude me. I’m just an ‘old white guy’.  

Solvent Green.  It’s time for a re run.  Why not? Cannibalism has been around forever. Placenta eating vegans move over. If they want to incinerate the old lets eat the young. The old debate about tough meat and succulence. They’ve developed a high protein slurry from insects. Most people just like the taste and don’t want to know what they’rĂ© eating. We certainly didn’t know what the hospital food was when I was training.

Now I really should have a nap. Read. Nap. Make another coffee. Masturbate. Make booty calls. Swim. Hot tub. Watch tv. Indulge the Netflix addiction and face the propaganda bombardment. Choices. Choices. Play guitar. Write a sonnet. Lift weights. Go for a short ride on the KTM. Feeling like a middle eastern prince without the option of slave girls, pedophilia, or killing Christians or homosexuals for entertainment. I could become a late age gamer. Where’s that what to do until the messiah comes Book I had back in the Alan Watts days. The old white guy is probably going to read and nap.

God, thank you for the rain on behalf of the plants who apparently glory in it loving the carbon which arts students want to eliminate.  Thank you for lazy Sundays. Thank you for family and friends. Thank you most for Gilbert who took me for a walk. Thank you for indoor plumbing and hot water. Thank you for the propane heat and satellite internet. Thank you for this couch and this computer and FB and friends and family.  

Thank you for health and wellness.  Thank you for mobility. Thank you for all your blessings. I’m thankful for modern times and the advances of science and all the housing developments that keep it dry and cozy inside my cluttered living space. 







No comments: