Friday, September 20, 2019

Belief, hope, reality

« Cogito ergo sum’, I think therefore I am.   Descartes
« Yahveh », that is who I am. « God speaking to Moses at the burning bush.
« Namaste » - Sanskrit - the holy spark in me greets the holy spark in me.
« I and Thou » Buber - The first recognition is I and it. The sacred journey is to I and Thou. 
« I and I »  Rastafarian, where I replaces ‘me’ and I&I refers to the oneness of ‘jah’ God.
« Human being » - Who man being? Schizophrenic short hand
« Humus » earth.....therefore - ‘earth being’.
« Mother earth and father sky »

Anxiety is a measure of one’s distance from God but equality a measure of one’s humanity.

Existential angst -  ‘a sense of dread in face of an apparently meaningless or absurd world
(This is the philosophical ground from which an existentialist begins their journey valuing most freedom and authenticity)
-Soren Kierkegaard

Big Bang - « In the beginning there was God, not God and building blocks » 

Bang - hippy term for sex and orgasm

« We are stardust. We are gold. We are billion year old carbon
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden. ». Joni Mitchel

« They paved paradise and put up a parking lot. ». Joni Mitchell

« Determinism and Fate » versus « Free Will » 

« I am God. You are God. God is greater than we are. 
If you know who you are, then you may know I am
Yahveh ». William Hay - song for University of Winnipeg choir performance


God is omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipotential.

God is Love.  

Jesus Christ - God within, God will come again.

The Great Commandment: « Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and witha ll your mind and with all your strength. The second is this « Love your neighbour as yourself » There is no commandment greater than these. ». 

« Without love what do we have now? ». Doobie Brothers.

Love and War - Bhagadvagita
« O Arjuna, the Atma that dwells in the body of all (beings) is eternally indestructible. Therefore you should not mourn for anybody » 
Considering also you duty as a warrior you should never waiver. Because there is nothing more auspicious for a warrior than a righteous war. .....If you will not fight this righteous war, then you will fail in your duty, lose your reputation, and incur sin. ». Krishna

The four loves of the Bible
Storage - empathy bond
Philia - friend bond
Eros - romantic love
Agape - unconditional « God » love

« Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. » John 4:16

« Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ beneath me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every man whom thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me, Christ in every eye that sees me, Christ in every ear that hear me. ». St. Patrick Breast Plate

« May the long time sunshine always surround me and the pure light within me guide my way home. » Quaker song

To sin - means to ‘err’ - term used in archery when the archer didn’t get a bullseye every time.

« The Spirituality of Imperfection ».  

« I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate to do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.  For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do - this I keep doing.  Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it , but it is sin living in me that does it. »
- St. Paul. - best description of addiction, and the war of the true self and false self within.  Human nature and the struggle of free will and ‘choice’. Again the issue of fate or free will.  

« God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. » 

« Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven ». Satan, Paradise Lost, John Milton.

« But you’re gonna have to serve someone, yes indeed, 
You’re gonna have to serve somebody
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you’re gonna have to serve somebody. ». Bob Dylan, Nobel Prize for Literature.

« An inner sense which distinguishes what is right from what is wrong, functioning as a guide (like the needle of a compass) for morally appropriate behaviour ». - moral compass .  Righ and Wrong = morality.  « What would God say? »  « What is the ultimate good? »  « Love is as love does. »

« Show me, don’t tell me. »

Humility and Gratitude.

Thank you Lord Jesus, light and love of my life.  I am made in the image of God. I am a child of God. 

« You are a child of God. God does not make shit! ». Scotty S. 

« High self esteem comes from doing esteemable actions.  Do good for others and you will feel good yourself. » Scotty S.












No comments: