Sunday, April 16, 2023

Sunday morning, rainy Burnaby

The first time I was in Burnaby back in the 70’s I was absolutely uplifted by the brilliant green of the grass and forest. I realized that the rain caused the foliage to be so alive and radiant. It was a wonder to see,  Living here now years I find I’m missing the sun though visiting Arizona last year standing in the desert with little more than cactus about I missed the green of Burnaby.  Now I just long for the summer sun.  
It’s a fact of nature this weather. It’s the weekend. It’s not the problem of the rain but my attitude. I”m not so motivated today. Partly my back aches and I worry about physical tasks thinking I might do damage. I won’t. It’s all psychosomatic .  I saw the chiropracter  yesterday and swam. It was a good day.  Today I’d planned to go to church. I still could. I could take the dog or leave him and go by motorcycle. It’s raining and I’m just on my second cup of coffee. Sloth is holding me,  I thought of an online meeting.,  
Looking at social media I just felt self pity, that others were active and doing things while I was belly aching to myself unable to move,  It’s nothing to do with the outside. It’s my attitude. I need an attitude of gratitude.

Thank you God for this day. Thank you for a good sleep in a warm and safe place, Thank you for Madigan. Thank you for the coffee. Thank you for all the rest of my body that doesn’t feel pain. Thank you for the quiche I bought yesterday for this morning. Thank you for the refridgerator. Thank you for family and friends.  Thank you for recovery. Thank you for all that I have. Thank you for life.

I’m not ready to rush,  I’m off the clock. I worked all week.  I will work this week again.  I’m a little concerned because sitting my back is painful and I sit to work.  Walking and standing cause pain too at time.  Right now I’m not in pain. I’m a little sore and stiff.  

I know the formula is that I focus on the positive and distract myself from the pain. I can go through the pain, I can pray. I can ask for help.  Instead I wallow in self pity. I’m addict ed to my couch. I like to half sit and lie in a comfortable position and read or watch tv and drink coffee.  Madigan lies on top of me and pins me down.  A

It’s getting to the time when I will have missed the window of opportunity to attend church.  It’s rainy and chilly outside.  I don’t think I’m going to make it to church.  I’m really more partial to the couch.  

Church is participating. It’s okay. God is everywhere.  Prayer together is sometimes more potent. I like the people. I wish to support the church.  Yet I could go back to sleep. I could do so many things but sloth has me in it’s clutches.  An on line meetings might be inspirational.  

I will walk the dog.  Madigan is a reason for movement.  He’s so precious. He’s welcome at church but taking him is a bit of a chore as it’s still wanting to be entertained .  He’s no more socialized than I am.  

That’s it.  If I wait the weather may improve.  I really ought to put together my machine for hanging upside down like a bat.  There are so many ‘shoulds’ .  I could go for a massage today to.

Each day we wake up and seek to reduce discomfort and maximize joy.  I seek to do your will God. I’ve had coffee and eaten quiche, used the toilet and feel better, I shave and brushed my hair. I ‘ll walk and every move will be better. It might have been better to go to church.  Good people.  Godly .  But right now I feel I’ll lie on the couch for a bit and gather energy for next move.  

Thank you God.  Thank you Jesus.  Thank you for this day and this being ness,  


Full moon earlier this month. 


No comments: