Thursday, July 9, 2020

Everybody’s got a somebody done me wrong story

Everybody’s got a somebody done me wrong story
Everybody has somebody to blame for their faults
Everybody claims they’ve a monopoly on suffering
Everyone says their pain is worst.

Everyone wants their time in the limelight
No one wants to step down from the Speaker’s box
Everybody wants the Camera on them and them alone
I just want to find my way back home.

Crying in obscurity
Calling out for the Maker of All
Twisting my mind away from seeing only negatives
Working all day to walk upright rather than just slither along

I’m an insect. I’m insentient. I’m weary and utterly bored
The morning light is a special time of hope and possibility
But I’m jaded, defeated,  wounded and struggling to hold on
I’m afraid, embarrassed,  ashamed and humiliated

But I’ll put on a happy face, wipe my own ass 
And be thankful for that. 
Hallelujah. A new day has dawned. 


No comments: