Thursday, February 13, 2020

Gratitude Thursday on a February Morning

Thank you Lord God of Creation, my higher power, the essence of being, the friend I talk to and feel I am heard by. Thank you for prayer and meditation. Give me the strength and sustenance and focus to do my time with you more often and more lovingly.  I’m quite bad at the soul gymnasium thing. I make the time for communion much as I shower and shave. I’m tired too often and self absorbed and egotistical. Thank you for your love and toleralance.
Thank you for my family, as odd and peculiar as they are, remarkable and unique, and my friends who are quite beyond me. They are truly extraordinary and I’m blessed to know them. Thank you for my meeting last night and the opportunity to see the souls who had hidden from themselves and others in the cloak of darkness of addiction and fear. Thank you that there was enough love and hope that they poked their heads out of the abyss and hell to see if the sun was shining. Thank you for the laughter and support of countless men and the reminder of community and village and care and soulfulness. Thank you for the opportunity to watch the fog lifting and the numbness of lost experience departing from another wounded and trapped soul seeking freedom. Thank you for those who were there for me when I too was so beat up by psychopaths and life and stupidity.  

Thank you for innocence and experience.  May the journey be safer and less raw but thank you too for the adrenaline and the rush. Thank you for the wind in the sails and the wind in my hair. Thank you for  motorcycles, boats,  trucks and cars and bicycles. Thank you for movement. Thank you for my legs and my complaining knees and woeful back and distracting shoulders and my self absorbed neck. Thank you for the knuckles on my hands that scream and cry out like life is torture when it’s really just a lark.  Thank you for the blossomoning of flowers and the morning light. Thank you for the stars and moon.  Thank you for the sun.

Thank you for all the blessings. Thank you for today. Thank you for Gilbert. Thank you for creation and the relationship of us in his multidimensional reality that gave us Jesus and the Kardasians. Thank you for Dr. Houston and his newest book. I so look forward to reading his ‘Worldly Christian’. What an amazing optimistic man and what a great follower of Christ.  I am truly blessed to know such inspirational loving people despite my own worm like existence and love of mud.

Thank you for the dance and music. Thank you for the mystery. Thank you for all your blessings, for grace and spirituality.  

Thank you Lord Jesus.  










No comments: