Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Gratitude

Thank you Lord for another day. Thank you for the dreams of living waters. Thank you for my friends Gilbert and George.

Help me to be less anxious. Help me to be less judgemental. Help me to be less of an ‘activist’ in my mind. Thank you for all that you have done. Help me to live and let live. Help me to be less likely to find fault in beurocracy and beurocrats who are to the most part doing their best and in the most part are good people,  Help me to let go of some of the  thinking that I learned too much from “Universal Soldier” Buffy St Marie and Peace Activism. Help me to accept that others see things and do things their way.   That others may be good intentioned and not necessarily corrupt with different priorities and a different course to get to the same place that I profess to be going.

Help me to be more forgiving, less negative, more understanding, more the person I am at work when I’m not working.  Help me to see that others are hurting too and that it’s best to see the enemy as sick and wounded rather than as dehumanized and evil.  Help me to grow in character and be the person you were and I would be. Please protect me from persecution and help me to hold my tongue when that would be politic. Help me to be more diplomatic and less adolescent in my response to those who are callous and uncaring but hypocritically present as true when they are false and seem likely to know they live the lie.  

Help me to take the log out of my eye and focus less on taking the sliver out of the other fellows. Help me to focus on what I can help here and now rather than like an adolescent have all the solutions for the world but be unable to make his bed. Help me clean up my own room.

Help me to be less afraid and less resentful.  Help me be of more service to others.  Help me to be less self centred and selfish and self seeking. Help me in all my endeavours.  Thy will be done not my will.  Let me see your foot printts today and feel your breath on my cheek and hear your wee small voice. Let me still myself so that I can hear you.

Thank you for the wonders of creation. Thank you for the air and sun and rain and clouds and trees and green and blue and sea gulls and robins and crows. Thank you for my little car. Thank you for the traffic design and the engineers and the police that patrol the roads. Thank you for ambulances and hospitals and governments and nurses and doctors and courts and judges and construction workers and unions and professional associations and learning. Thank you for music. Thank you for the 60, 70’s and 80’s music especially Lord. Thank you for Praise .  Thank you for poetry and novels and text books of Neuro psychiatry. Thank you for philosophy and theology. Thank you for history.

Thank you for theatre and plays and story telling. Thank you for my father and mother , family and friends.  Thank you for this day. Help me to see it as another adventure with opportunities rather than wrapping myself in the safety of my own limitations and view the unfolding as ‘same old’ same old’ with the cynicism and despair of lack of creativity. Help me to see that I need a new pair of glasses rather than believing that others need to change.  Help me to celebrate traditions and see the good in all.

Thank you for this day Lord. 

No comments: