Sunday, October 21, 2018

Gilbert, Spa Dog

Because Gilbert is flying to Toronto at Christmas he has to be groomed for the flight and the festivities. With all his hair he looks like too big a therapy dog to fly in cabin with me.
 Dogtopia does a magnificent job of grooming him. Being blind they leave him with the Beatles cut at the front that covers missing eyes and gives him some face protection.He’s always excited before arrival and then without his heavy coat is a totally different dog when he returns.  He’s all full of vim and vinegar, my mother would say.



I had him hunting with me but at the top of the mountain in the dawn frost I had to wrap him in a blanket. At noon I was able to go into Princeton to Everything Pets and get him a perfect red and black winter jacket hoodie.  That evening and the next morning he was toasty warm with me.  The fact is, he has several sweaters and coats, including a Canucks sweater.  The problem is I forgot them. He now has another. His own doggie winter wardrobe.

No comments: