Monday, January 1, 2018

Best Western Plus Marina Gateway Hotel San Diego

Laura and I really liked this Best Western  dog friendly hotel. The staff were friendly and professional. The cleaning service was terrific. The hotel had everything, including business rooms, and even guest laundry service, a half dozen machines, plus the standard dry cleaning service.
I loved the swimming pool.  It was 80 degrees out and I was reading about a cold spell in the northern US and Canada. I was seeing friends Facebook pictures of icy rain and heaven snow fall.  Nothing makes sitting around a swimming pool after a pleasant swim better.
The hot tub was to die for. Thinking of my friends in Canada I climbed into the the hot tub, then into the swimming pool, then back into the hot tub, with just a touch of gloating along the way. Laura loved the little lawn outside the room and lay out there sun tanning with Gilbert.
We even had a terrific little dog walk where Gilbert scared up a rabbit.  I also walked him further down to the nearby marina to look at the yachts.  The road ran alongside a wildlife preserve with plants more suited for heat.
I’d loved sailing into San Diego harbour years past. It was so hot this day that I had to take off my t shirt before walking back from the local marina.
We had great room service food from Goodies next door.  The salads were delicious. Fish and chips, Burritos. Sliders and mashed potatoes.  Huevos Rancheros each morning.  One day was a lunch mix up that was an individual staff issue the owner resolved..  The restaurant and all the rest of the staff and food were the best.
I love room service.
We were there a few days after the long drive down. It was the perfect hotel.  San Diego is fabulous winter destination.
Thank you Best Western.















No comments: