Sunday, June 3, 2018

Gratitude Sunday

Thank you Lord for this day. Thank you for all the blessings you bestow on me, all those I see and acknowledge and all those I take for granted. Thank you for my family and friends. Thank you for Gilbert the dog and George the cat. Thank you for work and purpose. Thank you for health and study. Thank you for my continued interest in learning.  Thank you for my sense of meaning even if it may be arbitrary.

Thank you for the rain. I had planned to run this morning and the rain was just the thing to relieve me from that obligation. Help me to exercise Lord but not too much. I am so thankful for the venison barbecue last night. Thank you for the fine food and the television and couch. These are the things of Sultans and here I am blessed with the joy of entertainment and company. Thank you for walking the dog. i enjoy his excitement with every smell. The fragrances have been rich Lord. Thank you for for Costco and the Mall and all the stock of so very much and Amazon and it’s mail order supply such that I can access readily my needs. Thank you for a fridgerator full and cupboards full of food. I could survive weeks with just the bags of wild rice I bought at Costco. Thank you for toilet paper and soap.

Thank you for my being a winter Christian church person. Thank you for the summer vacation when I don’t feel so obligated to attend but still appreciate the sun and celebrate the Lord in Celtic majesty.  Celtic Christianity is always about nature, tradition and gospel.  Thank you for nature. Thank you for the greenery of this season and all the flowers and buds.  Thank you for my motorcycle. I have enjoyed wind therapy these last weeks. Thank you for vehicles that make otherwise tedious commutes more enjoyable knowing that the cars and trucks are reliable.  Remember the cars of young, the Baja bug that didn’t like the rain, the Rabbit that died, the van that stunk. I am so blessed today. Thank you Lord. And thank you for the high ceilings of my home and that I no longer have the mould and my breathing is better in doors . Thank you for the sunshine and spring. Thank you for the hope of camping and thoughts of fishing.  Thank you for trout and salmon.  Thank you for days without schedules. Thank you for people who respect your age and service. Thank you for experience. Thank you for reality. Thank you for people who are pragmatic. Thank you for those who speak from their experience and not from their beliefs. Thank you for my colleagues and teachers. Thank you for the fireplace. Thank you for propane and gas and diesel.  Thank you for electricity. Thank you for cell phones and radios and communication.

Thank you Lord for the sense of connection. Thank you for life and afterlife and the feeling that I’m not alone. Thank you for the We-ness.  Thank you for those who are developed souls and tell the truth and aren’t just driven by greed and selfishness lying for their nefarious purpose and falsely accusing others for personal wealth and gain. Thank you for those who are honest and have integrity by comparison. Thank you for the majority of people who believe in karma, retribution and the golden rule of do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. Thank you for the mature women and mature people of every race and culture who do not live their lives in blaming others and seeking fault and explaining themselves as victim. Help me Lord to overcome my own tendency to self pity and castastrophing.  Help me to remember thy will be done not my will be done. Help me to overcome the pointing finger.

Help me Lord to focus on the positive and not give attention to the negative. There are those who would streak on stage and those who would upstage and those who would shit on stage to get your attention. Help me to ignore them an focus on the good and righteous and all the creative people that are making life good for themselves and others. Help me look on the bright side and see the good when the bad is so obvious.  Help me to give attention to the healthy, like a surgeon, like an immunologist.  Help me to be more aware of the goodness Lord. Help me to see the law and order. Help me to pay attention to all the positives and blessings. Help me to lift my head. Help me to smile and laugh more Lord.

Thank you for happiness and joy and laughter. Thank you Lord.  Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on me a sinner. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen