Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Vancouver Air

I rode the Harley to work today leaving Gilbert at home to guard the place.  He’s a terrifying beast when he goes into ‘protect the home’ mode. I shudder to think of what I’ll find if ever there were an intruder. Gilbert would lick him senseless while blasting him with rapid sonic boom barking.  A terrible attack. I imagine masked intruders would even been subjected to shit and piss. He’d do it right there causing them to slip and slide bringing them down to his level by his diabolical bowel weapon.  The smell would do horrendous olfactory damage. I have great faith in the little guy but feel guilty as he watches me leave.  He guilts me. We ride the motorcycle together. He has his own personal box that sits behind me.
But I was late for work. I didn’t even know I was needed in the morning. I’d planned to go in in the afternoon. But taking the Electroglyde with 1600 cc I was able to cross over to the HOV and pass all the traffic.
The air was bad though.  Thick with haze.  The fire smokes from inland and southern wild fires are concealing the sun.
After a day of clinic and fine staff and people I got back on the bike and rode out on the highway. I’ve the Doobie Brothers playing loud.They were just here at PNE. I was sorely tempted to go having so enjoyed them when I rode all the way to Sturges a few years back.  They were playing up a storm in Buffalo Chip.
But the air is bad. It's a cleansing and purification. The sage grass smudging on a huge scale.  It was surreal riding up Hastings.  The folks in vehicles were crazy.  It’s a Hollywood atmosphere set for zombies or aliens landing.
The news says its the curses American wildfire blowing north.  Some idiot in Ottawa Canada is claiming it’s climate change.  He’s paid by Al Gore to keep his shill going.  The ice caps are still here. I remember writing about the bad air in Vancouver years ago. I remember the haze in September before the rains cleaned it all up. That was decades ago.
But the young voters can be conned by the shenanigans of the shirtless wonder. I can’t wait till the kiss and tell days when we’ll learn he’s had hair implants and uses botox.  Climate change my ass. Just a carbon tax grab for the jet setter lifestyle and the wasteful corrupt nepotism and patronages.  It’s ugly as the air.
I just coughed. It’s making breathing difficult. I’ve had two glasses of water. I’m sitting outside at the picnic table giving Gilbert a little outdoor time after his courageous day job.
I found a CBC channel I could enjoy. CBC 2 music.  They played Blondie. Only one propaganda bit about climate change based on a guy having a banana grow in his backyard.  A comedian couldn’t write this stuff.  The narrative is no different than the one Kim Jong un sells his blighted people on.  Of course we need a nuclear weapon he says, it doesn’t matter that our neighbours have 50, 000 to our one. Each country has it’s own propaganda and each era it’s personal delusions. I watched a documentary on WWI and the family spats of all the medieval offsprings related through marriages and alliance. At the centre of it was hemophilia.  Now we’ve a Muslim fanatics and arms deals upon arms deals. Money and child sex slaves.
I live  a boring life in comparison.  Gilbert and I are sitting here in the back yard.  He’s biting something that’s irritated his butt. I’ve just talked to another Vancouverite about their third bed bug infestation.  Most expensive real estate in north america brought down by creepy crawling things and bad air.  I look forward to the rain. When I think of creepy crawlies I miss Winnipeg where the 40 below winters would Kelvin anything sentient without central heating in their housing.
I’m ornery.
I just wanted to record the air, the haze, the surrealness of today.  I remember last year when the sun was obscured and it was the southern winds then.  Victoria continues to dump raw sewage that lands as lumps of shit on the beaches of Washington. Not surprising they should blow smoke up our ass when they get a chance.  NAFTA talks are going on.
Thank you Jesus for keeping Gilbert safe today. Thanks for protecting me on the rides. Thanks for caring for my patients. Thank you for resurrecting Lazarus. I was reading about Martha and Mary and your friend. Must have been some good times sitting around the rooms talking about God and his being present incarnate.  My friend continues to pray for the dead. He believes in miracles and says he's just testing. If we have faith the size of a mustard seed.  God expand my territory. Thank you for faith.
This weekend is Recovery Day in New Westminster. I feel guilty I’ll not be there. I love the t-shirts with Evidence.  Abstinence is godly. I’m so thankful to be in a spiritual program.  I’d enjoy seeing all my friends I’ve met over the years, a panel of experts, a whole lot of fellow travellers, all the beautiful hilarious ladies with their great senses of humour and amazing insights.
But I’ve a number of days of camping as alternative and the opening of deer hunting is sacrosanct, It’s now primal ritual.  It’s hard to work. I've taken days off and others are watching over my place.  I’m longing to be out camping again. I know I just got back but after a shower and a good rest I was missing the freedom and simplicity.   I’m back in the routines and challenges.  I got my work done. I really completed a lot after the revival that came with disconnecting from the grid.
Now I’m going in to eat and watch tv.  Thank you Lord for television and refrigerators and toasters and sandwich meats. Thanks for Gilbert. Thanks for this summer. Thanks for all the blessings.  Protect me from all falseness and lies and guide me. Thy will be done, not my will.

No comments: