Saturday, May 6, 2017

Gratitude Saturday

Thank you Lord for the sweet dreams.  Thank you Lord for the soft firm bed. Thank you Lord for the gentle wakening. Thank you Lord for my Mom and Dad and my brother, my grand parents, aunts and uncles, my dogs and cats and friends and mentors and all those I’ve known, those I’ve loved and those I’ve learned from.  Thank you Lord for the Government despite my ambivalence and lack of understanding at times as to the reasons Thank you for the sky and sun and moon. Thank you for the rain and snow. Thank you that the rain has stopped to day. Thank you for the gift of an umbrella and my walk in the rain yesterday. Thank you for the city of Toronto, this place of so many fond memories.  Thank you for the City Hall and the district where I worked when I lived here with Baiba.  Thank you for youth. Thank you for the hope and dreams and energy. Thank you for the silliness. Thank you for the laughter. Thank you for the lightness of being. Thank you Jesus for your story of resurrection. Thank you for the age old tale of redemption and thank you for forgiveness. Thank you for the Holy Spirit and Grace. Thank you for prayer. Thank you for intercessionary prayer. Thank you for prayer warriors like my aunt. Thank you for cousins. Thank you for God Children. Thank you for churches. Thank you for deeper dimensions.  Thank you for coffee and tea and ice cream. Thank you for meat and potatoes. Thank you for my truck. Thank you for my motorcycle and boat. Thank you for hunting and fishing and running and thank you for my feet. Thank you for my hearing and nose and eyes and touch. Thank you for challenges and success. Thank you for survival. Thank you for thriving. Thank you for the smiles on the faces of babies and dogs. Thank you for the smell of spring. Thank you for the blossoms especially the crocuses and tulips. Thank you for revival. Thank for being born again. Thank you for work. Thank you for the ability and training and the desire to serve. Thank you for discipline and duty and reward. Thank you for comaraderies. Thank you for conscience and morality and ethics. Thank you for my fingers. Thank you for the Bible. Thank you for the Holy Word. Thank you for prophets and teachers. Thank you for the light. Thank you for visions. Thank you for conversations. Thank you for music. Thank you for dance. Thank you for song. Thank you for mathematics and physics and chemistry. thank you for healing. Thank you for computers and communications. Thank you for sails. Thank you for solar power and diesel power and gas power and wind power. Thank you for propulsion. Thank you for little and large. Thank you for Ireland, Scotland, England, Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America. Thank you for Canada. Thank you for the west and the east and the north and the south. Thank you for up and down. Thank you for side ways. Thank you for being everywhere within and without. Thank you for the eternal hide and seek. Especially Lord thank you for letting me find you. Thank you for letting me see you. Thank you for letting me feel you.  Thank you for letting me know you. Thank you for when two or more are gathered and we share your blessed name.  Thank you for praise and worship. Thank you for the stillness. Thank you for flying. Thank you for swimming. Thank you for being there in the depths and in the far reaches. Thank you for going and coming with me. Thank you for today and yesterday and tomorrow. Thank you for heaven and hell and eternity and now and the present. Thank you for God and Satan and religion and politics and summer and winter and fall and spring. Thank you for global warming and cooling and shaking and moving. Thank you for the orbits and the sun for astronomy and metaphysics. Thank you for you and thank you for me and him and her and them.  Thank you for other and us and all God’s creatures. Thank you for reminding me that we are in the outer ring or a galaxy on a little mostly blue ball spinning round an aging sun. Thank you for the ocean and sailing. Thank you for cycling. Thank you for hiking. Thank you for the mountains and the rivers and streams and the prairies and the valleys and the glens. Thank you for the oohs and the ahs. Thank you for the art especially thank you for the galleries and museums. Thank you for the learning. Thank you for the gospel. Thank you for the psalms. Thank you for all the holy books of the word. Thank you for your son Jesus. Thank you for the saints and miracles of man and creation. Thank you for the stories. Thank you for the poems. Thank you for the hymns and the sounds. Thank you for this and that and there and and then. Thank you again and again and again.
Be with me now in all my trials and tribulations.  Be with me in my goings and comings. Be ever with me and remind me of your presence and promises when I am forgetful and distant. Bless me lord. Expand my territories. Be with me and comfort me and protect and watch over and help those I love know you more and more and more.  Be with my loved ones Lord. Help me dog these day.  Keep him safe in his coming surgery.  Help me in the days ahead.  You know Lord when I feel overwhelmed and that the demands are too much protect me from the self pity and limitations  I set on myself. Remind me over and over again that all is possible with you. Help me know the miraculous. Help me walk in the sacred. Help me see as you see. May I be your eyes, your ears, your nose your touch. May I be a channel for you Lord. May I be a temple for you Lord. Maybe I be all that you want of me and for me. May l know you more deeply.  I know you command that I not be afraid. Expand my faith Lord. Strengthen my resolve. Help me in every way Lord.  Maybe I walk through the valley of the shadow of death and know no fear.  May I sit with head anointed in the presence of my enemies and know that you are there with me around me above me below me beside me within me.  I am yours Lord. Take me. I am your Lord. Have all of me.  I am your servant Lord.  I give my life to Jesus every day, every minute. I thank you with all my heart and all that I know.  I am here Lord. Take me. I am here Lord. Guide me. I am here Lord.  Forgive me.  Help me to forgive as you forgive. Help me to love as you love. Help me to rise up as you rise up on eagles wings.
Thank you Lord Jesus. Yesua bar Joseph. Messiah. Christ. God. Yahweh. Yahveh. Elohim, Jesus. Lord. God.  Lord.

No comments: